Just joined

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Redtips1

Post by Redtips1 »

Hi folks
Hoping to get my Tucson N Line Dark Knight by the end of the month, ICE only
Have had 2.0 diesel premium 2016
A question to start with has anybody bought tyre and alloy insurance from dealer when buying car or bought it privately, have you bought it when buying Gap insurance?
Never had it before but thinking of all potholes which seem to be standard😡 on all British roads now and has anybody claimed on such so is it a worthwhile thing to have
Have been reading through forum and some great info
Thanks

domestoz

Post by domestoz »

Hi

I didn't take out the Gap insurance, and wasn't offered the tyre insurance.
I am thinking about tyre insurance for myself, as I do 18,000 miles per year and without a spare wheel provided, may be a sensible option.

Also I had my car 5 days and the windscreen had a the tiniest of stones hit it, causing a chip windscreen. This was luckily filled in by autoglass, it's still visible, but they did say no spare windscreens in the country.
I wouldn't mind having some form of extra insurance for the panoramic roof, as I don't believe my current insurance covers that.
2023 N LINE S Hybrid 230
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Redtips1 wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 3:50 pm Hi folks
Hoping to get my Tucson N Line Dark Knight by the end of the month, ICE only
Have had 2.0 diesel premium 2016
A question to start with has anybody bought tyre and alloy insurance from dealer when buying car or bought it privately, have you bought it when buying Gap insurance?
Never had it before but thinking of all potholes which seem to be standard😡 on all British roads now and has anybody claimed on such so is it a worthwhile thing to have
Have been reading through forum and some great info
Thanks
Welcome ......

I have had both of these insurances previously. However at the time, I did not buy from the dealer. When I bought I got both of them online so its worth a check if you are considering as I saved myself some cash. You don't have to take them out immediately.

The GAP insurance kicked in after the first year, as my insurance covered me for the first year on my new car, and therefore ran from year 2 to year 6 on a 5 year policy. My GAP cover was 'back to invoice' price but there are other options you can choose. So just check the T&Cs to see if it covers what u are expecting. I never had to use it fortunately.

The wheel insurance I did use when I scuffed a kerb badly. It was repaired to a very good standard albeit it was not a diamond cut alloy wheel like the Tucson. I would say check the T&Cs to see how many claims you can make and what is actually covered. When I look back at this, I could have got the alloy repaired by a SMART repairer and it would have been cheaper than the overall policy. However, a new tyre is £180+ and a new Alloy Wheel is now £400+, a diamond cut repair will not be cheap, so it brings some context.

Like all these insurances they are covering 'risk' so at the end of the day it's your choice.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post