Delivered wrong car! (no black cars anymore?)

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

whiskeyfrank wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:04 pm After a 7 month wait for my Tucson Ultimate Plug-in, it finally got to the dealer - in the wrong colour. Ordered Black got dark knight grey.

The dealer has said that Hyundai are not making black cars!! does anyone know anything about that. Apparently Hyundai swapped the colour on my behalf, and to be honest im very annoyed. :oops:

no idea what to do now as I dont want a grey car.
I regret having black, only ordered is as sat in a gleaming black one in the show room with kids, mines lease so cant swap sorry lol
one careful owner 16.500 miles and covered in stone chips and a nightmare to keep clean
I'd have the dark night or grey if had my time again
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock

Chickin

Post by Chickin »

My other car is grey for this exact reason. I'd love to have a black cat but I know that I haven't got the time or patience to keep it clean. Dark grey still looks very good but hides the dirt really well.
Ultimate phev + tech pack in Teal
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Chickin wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:36 pm My other car is grey for this exact reason. I'd love to have a black cat but I know that I haven't got the time or patience to keep it clean. Dark grey still looks very good but hides the dirt really well.
I had a domestic long hair 'cat' and the house was a nightmare to keep clean :D
Berty

Post by Berty »

IngerzSH wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:37 am
Chickin wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:36 pm My other car is grey for this exact reason. I'd love to have a black cat but I know that I haven't got the time or patience to keep it clean. Dark grey still looks very good but hides the dirt really well.
True but would a black Tucson lick itself clean?
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Berty wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:44 am
I have a tabby cat and wish i got one of them bald ones lol
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
EJH

Post by EJH »

Nashy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:56 am
Furballs coughed up are a nightmare too.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Beards

Post by Beards »

EJH wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 2:05 pm
Nashy wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:56 am

Furballs coughed up are a nightmare too.
So are Owl Pellets…. Wife’s car hangs under an opening from the barn….. It’s a convertible! The times I have told her “leave it there at your own peril”.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
XADE

Post by XADE »

Nashy wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:25 am
whiskeyfrank wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:04 pm After a 7 month wait for my Tucson Ultimate Plug-in, it finally got to the dealer - in the wrong colour. Ordered Black got dark knight grey.

The dealer has said that Hyundai are not making black cars!! does anyone know anything about that. Apparently Hyundai swapped the colour on my behalf, and to be honest im very annoyed. :oops:

no idea what to do now as I dont want a grey car.
I regret having black, only ordered is as sat in a gleaming black one in the show room with kids, mines lease so cant swap sorry lol
one careful owner 16.500 miles and covered in stone chips and a nightmare to keep clean
I'd have the dark night or grey if had my time again
Agree it's tough to keep clean, but a mucky grey car doesn't fool me either. Mines in for a biweekly wash as always, looks amazing with some polish/gloss on after that, it's like glass when I'm done.

I nearly went for white, but they just don't seem to shine.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
projectff

Post by projectff »

Thought I would chime in on this thread after having got my car back from my detailer. I was fortunate to get the black colour in N Line S, however my detailer noted the paint was incredibly soft and difficult to work with and I do wonder if that is why they discontinued the black colour in the end.
MaxSummers

Post by MaxSummers »

Leasing can be tricky in these situations, but hey, at least you're an experienced owner now with all those miles under your belt! And don't even get me started on those gleaming black showroom cars that just lure us in. If I had a do-over, I'd consider the more forgiving dark night or grey options. Thanks for sharing your experience; it's a great reminder for the rest of us to be extra cautious.
Btw, speaking of car deals, have you checked out this site I stumbled upon: https://www.jdmbuysell.com/for-sale/nissan/silvia/? It might help you find some cool options if you ever decide to switch it up.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post