Delivered wrong car! (no black cars anymore?)

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
whiskeyfrank

Post by whiskeyfrank »

After a 7 month wait for my Tucson Ultimate Plug-in, it finally got to the dealer - in the wrong colour. Ordered Black got dark knight grey.

The dealer has said that Hyundai are not making black cars!! does anyone know anything about that. Apparently Hyundai swapped the colour on my behalf, and to be honest im very annoyed. :oops:

no idea what to do now as I dont want a grey car.

PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

If you use the Tucson configurator on the Hyundai web site, then black no longer appears to be an option for any variant :(
(the nearest being "Dark Night Grey Pearl" - but who knows what it looks like in real-life)

As for what you're going to do about it - there's options ranging from rejecting it outright - to having it 'wrapped'. You're probably going to have to decide what's important to you and how hard you're willing to fight.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Appears Dark Night Grey Pearl is the closest thing now to black - Your choice to accept or reject if your order shows black..typical bad dealer service and communication which lets down the brand massively. They're bound to have known and should have contacted you to discuss options.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Berty

Post by Berty »

If you don't want a Grey car and Hyundai aren't going to make the Tucson for the UK in Black anymore then you already know the choices ahead of you but hey you're not here for that anyway. You're here because you're pee-d off about all of it. I would be too.

You're also not the first in the forum in 2023 to have a similar experience. Somebody got the wrong interior and rejected the car and simply ordered a new one. I know people might say "can't you just like the car". Maybe but you don't want to right now. Maybe you will in a day or to, maybe the delaer will hold it, maybe they'll sell it within minutes as happened to the other person in this forum. I personally think Dark Night Grey Pearl is a really nice colour. I am sitting at my desk and out the window is my Black Tucson that is about 2.5 weeks old so yep, they do make BLACK cars but I'm in Ireland so different spec for different places.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Beards

Post by Beards »

As Berty above mentioned… I am the one who ‘rejected’ my delivery and it was sold literally within the hour of rejection.
Trust me when I say this…. It is no point getting angry or frustrated with the dealer as it will not help your own situation, far from it, in doing so can have a dramatic effect on your health and people around you.
Yes, your dealer should have informed you the second they received your VIN number and as such whatever you do make sure in a calm and collective manner you ensure no further errors can happen.
My wait has now changed to 19 months…. Am I frustrated… No. Am I angry No…. But boy I make sure the dealer knows they better not get it wrong again.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
vactorman

Post by vactorman »

Picked my ultimate up yesterday in dark knight and I like it more importantly so does my wife :o
Kph103

Post by Kph103 »

I have the Dark Knight Grey Ultimate Hybrid and it looks great
whiskeyfrank

Post by whiskeyfrank »

So accepted the car and now find out there is no Three Pin charging cable - really not a happy Hyundai owner now. Told it did and now we find out its type 2 only - feel proper swindled and dealer said "tough"
projectff

Post by projectff »

whiskeyfrank wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:57 pm So accepted the car and now find out there is no Three Pin charging cable - really not a happy Hyundai owner now. Told it did and now we find out its type 2 only - feel proper swindled and dealer said "tough"
Out of interest does anyone know what the part number of the 3-pin to type 2 charger is?

Wondering how much it would be to order through the dealer as I am in the same boat as well with only the type 2 to type 2 cable supplied.
Berty

Post by Berty »

Here you go. Car delivered 7 weeks go so one would assume current model of 3 pin charger. Supplied in Ireland but hardly going to be different to the ones supplied to the UK.

20230418_081559.jpg

Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post