3 pin plug? PHEV

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Sophj87

Post by Sophj87 »

Hi all, new here, collected my PHEV Ultimate last week, dealership told me 3 pin plug was in the boot. It is not. I just have the standard charging cable in the bag, nothing else. Nothing else on the underboot shelf except cargo net and tyre kit.

Contacted dealership who now say that it's newer cars which come with this and not mine (ordered end August 2022) even though I've spoke to others who ordered before me who have the 3 pin charger included?

Waiting to hear back from dealer again but quite confused!

Did your PHEV come with a 3 pin charger?

NLineS

Post by NLineS »

Your dealer is wrong. It is not NEWER cars that come with the 3 pin charger, it is the OLDER cars that came with it. Hyundai started to phase out the 3 pin charger around August last year.
Berty

Post by Berty »

It can be country specific as well. Assuming you're in the UK it seems normal to only receive the Type 2 and not the Granny. I'm in Ireland, picked up my PHEV recently and I received the Granny Cable(3 pin) and not the Type 2. This was expected on our side of the water. Sounds like your dealer was misinformed but they're not cheap either, I cannot see the dealer taking ownership of the mistake they caused by lack of knowledge.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
projectff

Post by projectff »

I confirmed with Hyundai UK that the 3 pin emergency plug has a temporary supply shortage due to the global chip shortage, and that when resolved they would give us the 3 pin. My dealer so far has been good and said will go along with what Hyundai UK told us but still anxiously awaiting more updates on delivery or delays!
Chickin

Post by Chickin »

Did you get details of who you spoke to? I've been told mine only comes with the type2 cable and when I called Hyundai today they said that's all that they come with now.
Ultimate phev + tech pack in Teal
Corbridge59

Post by Corbridge59 »

I ordered my PHEV in July 22 and took receipt of it a week ago, it came with both charging cables, dealer stated that after Aug 6th 2022 the granny would not be supplied with the car.
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

I ordered Dec 21 and picked up my PHEV Feb 22 and have both chargers.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
EJH

Post by EJH »

Sounds a bit of a lottery for both cables. How much does a 3 pin cable cost? Just out of interest.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Berty

Post by Berty »

EJH wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 4:43 pm Sounds a bit of a lottery for both cables. How much does a 3 pin cable cost? Just out of interest.
€449 in Ireland, or at least salesperson said, didn't believe him. Mine came with it and I bought a Type 2 on Amazon for £105. Lots for sale on eBay which are original z some new some not. About £200 seems the average.

They pull max 10amps so put 2.1kw into the Tucson meaning from empty it would be 7 hrs.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Chickin

Post by Chickin »

Good news (for me anyway)! I'm getting the 3-pin cable from their demo car!
Ultimate phev + tech pack in Teal

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post