Strange noise

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

Hi , Just picked up an Ultimate hybrid, very happy, but have picked up a noise coming from the infotainment system on turning off the car. This noise lasts for 20 seconds and is a loud hum and is only present on turning off the vehicle. Not had a hybrid before, so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any ideas anyone?.

Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

Hi I've had my hybrid for 2 weeks and mine makes the same noise no idea why it does it but must be the norm I hope anyway 🤣
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

How is your mpg working out?., having only had mine 2 days, not really showing a true reading.
Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

Between 37 to 40 which not bad since the weather been cold which battery doesn't like hopefully improve with warmer weather.
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

OK thank's , will let you know how mine is going . Have you spoken to the dealer about your noise. It is so regular that I think there is a logical answer to it, but any noises get you worried.
Do you have the tech pack, I bought mine out of the showroom, which did not have it, still cannot decide if I should have waited for one with it on, but then it would have put it over the £40,000 limit and cost more in the end, would have loved the extra bits though.
Berty

Post by Berty »

I've the same noise and what I think it could be is the fan on the charging pad still spinning, it's a fan to keep the phone from over heating as it's creates heat during charging. Now I could be wrong but it's coming from the same area and can't quite get my head in there.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Davy51

Post by Davy51 »

No I think its a fan noise like Berty says so don't think there a problem. No tech pack I have the n line which am more than happy with enjoy your car.
Hawklord3

Post by Hawklord3 »

Thank's guys, still think I will follow up with dealer/Hyundai, just for peace of mind. I am still in that honeymoon period, keep going to the window and looking out at it on the drive.
Had a 2022 kuga 1.5 petrol manual before, that was doing 37/39 mpg during the winter, warming up in the morning and with everything on, so this Hyundai has a lot to keep up with.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Hawklord3 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 5:24 pm Hi , Just picked up an Ultimate hybrid, very happy, but have picked up a noise coming from the infotainment system on turning off the car. This noise lasts for 20 seconds and is a loud hum and is only present on turning off the vehicle. Not had a hybrid before, so not sure if this has anything to do with it. Any ideas anyone?.
Did you identify the noise? If not, I was gonna say, you can disable the wireless charging pad to see if that is the culprit.
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Mine does the same, always has. Seems to be coming from the engine compartment on mine. It's louder outside the car at any rate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post