New Tucson arrived….. but Refused!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Beards

Post by Beards »

Well…. Where do I start.
10 months ago I ordered my Tucson and after many months of it being put back I was told last week “we have received your car”.
After being told “yes, all is in order, we have checked everything and if you are happy we will go to registration”.

So….. today being the day of collection we were introduced to the vehicle.
All in order until I peeked inside……. “It’s the wrong colour”!!!
Dealer stood confused… “I ordered Moss Grey and this is Black”.
Dealer still standing looking confused…

In all honesty I had to feel for him. He knew I had repeatedly asked if all was in order and clearly by the look of the tears welling up he knew things were not going right.
“I so wanted to get this right for you given your story” (it’s a story I will keep) said the dealer.

So… car has been refused and I’m back on the waiting list which could be up to 9 further months.

Some of you will think I am a fool in not accepting the vehicle based purely on the internal colour… but I am a man of principle and the colour was important to both my wife and myself.

The upshot though is if any one of you are on the lookout for a brand new 12 miles on the clock Tucson Plug-in Ultimate with Tech Pack in Amazon Grey/Black interior then tell your dealer to ring Stoneacre Chesterfield as the car will be going on the pool very quickly.

I am now going to go find a bottle of malt whisky to immerse myself in.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024

Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Gutted for you, you money your choice and fair play to refusing, i would have backed down if they chucked in some free stuff
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Beards wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:43 pm Well…. Where do I start.
10 months ago I ordered my Tucson and after many months of it being put back I was told last week “we have received your car”.
After being told “yes, all is in order, we have checked everything and if you are happy we will go to registration”.

So….. today being the day of collection we were introduced to the vehicle.
All in order until I peeked inside……. “It’s the wrong colour”!!!
Dealer stood confused… “I ordered Moss Grey and this is Black”.
Dealer still standing looking confused…

In all honesty I had to feel for him. He knew I had repeatedly asked if all was in order and clearly by the look of the tears welling up he knew things were not going right.
“I so wanted to get this right for you given your story” (it’s a story I will keep) said the dealer.

So… car has been refused and I’m back on the waiting list which could be up to 9 further months.

Some of you will think I am a fool in not accepting the vehicle based purely on the internal colour… but I am a man of principle and the colour was important to both my wife and myself.

The upshot though is if any one of you are on the lookout for a brand new 12 miles on the clock Tucson Plug-in Ultimate with Tech Pack in Amazon Grey/Black interior then tell your dealer to ring Stoneacre Chesterfield as the car will be going on the pool very quickly.

I am now going to go find a bottle of malt whisky to immerse myself in.
Oh fiddle sticks..... Sorry to hear this. Gut wrenching news. A real kick in the ******** after such a long wait. Was it a dealer c*** up or Hyundai? Not sure I could re order through same dealer if it was their mistake.....😞😩
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Beards

Post by Beards »

Southern Lad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:06 pm
Oh fiddle sticks..... Sorry to hear this. Gut wrenching news. A real kick in the ******** after such a long wait. Was it a dealer c*** up or Hyundai? Not sure I could re order through same dealer if it was their mistake.....😞😩
[/quote]

No idea who is at fault SD…. But yes absolutely F@%^^ Gutted!
I am now waiting to see who comes forward in giving their ‘two-penneth’ on who is to blame.
All I know is my new online order date for collection is now the 27 Dec 2023…. Which would equate to nearly 20 months from initial order.
projectff

Post by projectff »

Beards wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:28 pm
Southern Lad wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:06 pm
No idea who is at fault SD…. But yes absolutely F@%^^ Gutted!
I am now waiting to see who comes forward in giving their ‘two-penneth’ on who is to blame.
All I know is my new online order date for collection is now the 27 Dec 2023…. Which would equate to nearly 20 months from initial order.
[/quote]

I know you have your principles Beards, but is there any way they could perhaps let you have that car until your new correctly ordered one arrives?

Appreciate you don't want the black interior, but only suggesting in the event you need the car or you have one going back shortly. Could be a number of scenarios but doesn't the dealer input the specification electronically then Hyundai build as such?
NLineS

Post by NLineS »

There must surely be a way the dealer and/or Hyundai can resolve this. Would you be prepared to drive the car while you wait for your correct spec to arrive? If so that's a solution as long as there are no unreasonable costs associated with this from your point of view. All about negotiation I would've thought?
Beards

Post by Beards »

projectff wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:40 pm
I know you have your principles Beards, but is there any way they could perhaps let you have that car until your new correctly ordered one arrives?

Appreciate you don't want the black interior, but only suggesting in the event you need the car or you have one going back shortly. Could be a number of scenarios but doesn't the dealer input the specification electronically then Hyundai build as such?
[/quote]

Unfortunately by rejecting the vehicle they have to place that car back into the pool.
I am fortunate (and they know this annoyingly) I have several vehicles available so this kills any possibilities in a short term loan.
Then order went through which I saw the details. Even part way though the dealer had details of build so somewhere the system has failed.

It’s too early to point any blame… The dealer is looking into what the heck went wrong and no doubt I will be getting calls/info sometime later.
Thanks for the input from both SD and yourself.
Beards

Post by Beards »

NLineS wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:53 pm There must surely be a way the dealer and/or Hyundai can resolve this. Would you be prepared to drive the car while you wait for your correct spec to arrive? If so that's a solution as long as there are no unreasonable costs associated with this from your point of view. All about negotiation I would've thought?
This was discussed but no, it has to go immediately back into the pool.
I am waiting for the cogs to start turning and see who/what turns up.
Thanks NLineS for the input.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Perhaps a healthy discount etc on the new order courtesy of the dealer or Hyundai, whoever is to blame???

Mate of mine had similar incident recently with the new Toyota BZ suv. Ordered it with a sunroof and it arrived without. The pre order was done online but the final paperwork at dealers is hand written and it was missed off. Settled for it with a dash cam and roof bars supplied and fitted FOC.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Al94

Post by Al94 »

What a huge disappointment! There are strong rumours that a facelift model will start coming through in the Autumn for 2024 model year. Not likely to be anything major other than cosmetics but worth bearing in mind as if true, I would want to ensure that's what I would be getting in December.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post