Ultimate v N Line S - happy with your choice?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Cheers chaps I’m gonna give that a go
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock

Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

I started this original thread in February. I am now a N Line S convertπŸ˜€

IMG_1994.jpeg

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Wychwood wrote: ↑Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:09 pm I started this original thread in February. I am now a N Line S convertπŸ˜€
Great choice Wyncwood. Was my 2nd choice colour. Looks smart. Still think with the wheels and body coloured arches etc it's the best looking. Gives it a real edge. EnjoyπŸ‘πŸ˜
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Wychwood

Post by Wychwood »

Thanks, Southern Lad. It took me a while to get there. I agree externally it looks great; I also really like the interior and will only miss the electric seats.
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Wychwood wrote: ↑Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:07 pm Thanks, Southern Lad. It took me a while to get there. I agree externally it looks great; I also really like the interior and will only miss the electric seats.
Yes me to. Prefer the alcantara seats etc. The red piping is also nice touch. Found rubber mats all round to match with red edging. Didn't have electric seats in my previous car so not missed anyway. Mine isn't a shared car so again no need for electric seats. I would of liked the rear camera system and the 360 parking but it was not an available option on the N Line S. Otherwise enough toys to keep one amused πŸ‘πŸ˜
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Ironman

Post by Ironman »

How difficult would it be to just paint the arches to the body colour for the ultimate? Shouldn't be too expensive...
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Yep. I'm with you there. It's the only thing I don't like about the Ultimate. We went with Dark Knight to soften the effect of the black arches
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
Greezy56

Post by Greezy56 »

Totally happy with the NLS , the painted arches were the decider also the full hybrid system and 230 ps. The only thing that hasn't been as good as i would have wished is the premium sound ( KRELL) . There's a sub woofer in the boot and i have neither heard it sub or woof. The sound , sounds the same as any bog standard in car system. I listen to DAB mostly and Spotify but don't feel the deep sounds i was expecting. I had a BOSE sound on a Mazda 10 yrs ago and that was amazing and commented on by passengers.
What do you guys feel about the sound, am i missing something such as enable premium sound? I bet there's a thread on this!
daibill

Post by daibill »

Premium owner but have the KRELL. Yes it's nothing like the 3 x 12" Infinity Kappa subs I had as a boy racer back in the day. It's only a small 6" sub if that but does add to the bass that the rest of the speakers will struggle to produce without distorting. You can whack the volume up high without distortion which is a good thing. Don't have an issue with metal from Spotify or any of the hard dance music from Soundcloud.. At the end of the day it's a family SUV and although it's not going to win any awards, it's perfectly acceptable..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

I'm perfectly happy with the Krell system installed in my Tucson and the output and sound quality is very similar to the Harman Kardon unit fitted to my previous KIA model.

It’s nice to be able to jack up the volume without unwanted noise from the speakers or from their surrounds. Perhaps more importantly, the clarity at low volume is excellent. No complaints.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post