Ultimate v N Line S - happy with your choice?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
EJH

Post by EJH »

Wychwood wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:52 pm EJH - you might have to resurrect your career and provide a service to Ultimate owners!
Thought I might be the only one, as everyone else seems to PCP cars these days. 🤔😉
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I was torn between the two, but spec wise the N line S appealed more. Things like the power seats and heated rear seats don't make a difference to me (once I've set the seat position it never moves and I don't sit in the back, one less thing for the kids to fiddle with!). I did much prefer the interior on the N line S too. The leather on the Ultimate reminded me more of 80's vinyl seats, it didn't have the same feel as my previous Volvo.
What I did like on the Ultimate was the ventilated seats, the day I test drove was warm and they were really impressive. I'm also open to both of them in terms of the looks. I like the sporty pose of the N line but I think some of the detail on the rear bumper could be simplified. I also don't mind the plastic on the Ultimate as long as it's kept clean!
The wheels look good on both, the N line wheels aren't hard to clean as I'd feared - the 'snowflake' style is actually quite shallow so it's not hard to get in and out of corners etc.
Overall the interior was the deciding factor for me, that's where you spend most time after all. If I was going for another one I'd probably consider both again, maybe just for the change. Wouldn't hurt for them to add a bit more interest to the interiors though with a facelift.
NlineSStu

Post by NlineSStu »

For me I know I have made the right choice with my Shadow Grey N Line S. I don’t carry passengers in the back often so rear heated seats weren’t an issue. I personally had to have the colour coded arches etc the N Line offered, it would have grated on me if not; and as I haven’t had many new cars I thought I would go for the S which gave me both the pano roof and electric tailgate which my previous car didn’t have.

I would have paid for the Tech pack as I found the 360 degree camera in my previous car really useful, but it wasn’t available at the time of order as already mentioned by SL in this thread.

Very happy with the car generally as well.
N Line S HEV in Shadow Grey, 72-plate
Big S

Post by Big S »

After reading about wychwood deciding to change his car, I thought I would look into to see if I could get a good price to change as mine needs its 2nd service soon and 4 tyres. Will be needing to lay out approx. £1,100 for these 2 things. Spent Saturday on the web and phone and by lunch time today had taken the plunge and ordered a HEV 230 N Line S in Shadow grey to replace my Ultimate HEV 230 in teal 21 plate car. New N Line is on route to the dealer so should be able to collect middle of March. Wanted the N Line when I bought my Ultimate but they weren't out at the time.
Have loved owning present car as apart from the recall for steering wheel switch it has been an excellent all round car. Haven't had all the issues members have reported on here ie fuel flap. wet feet from rear doors etc. Lets hope the new one is just as good. Main reason to change was that within a couple of years the Tucson will attract the luxury road tax so thought I would get a new one now. Didn't qualify under the Affinity deal but did get a hefty discount on the new one and a great price for mine current one. Will be able to do a comparison between the 2 soon as new one will be doing a road trip across Spain and back in April.
Daryll

Post by Daryll »

I've only had my NLS for a few weeks, but loving it... We did look at the Ultimate, but the extras didn't warrent the additional cost.... the NLS has everything I wanted/needed.

I do miss the 360 cameras that my previous Qashqai had, but as has been said, they're only in the Tech Pack... and thats not even an option for the NLS. :-(
Tucson N Line S Hybrid Auto in Dark Knight
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

I loved the look of the N Line S in Shadow grey, a bit envious when i see a few sparkling photos on here, especially the wheel arches being painted vs my black plastic ones

I am happy with my ultimate though, as i convinced myself with a N Line S my right foot would be heavier as it looks the Business, so i went for the mature drive like Miss Daisy approach as my car is a work horse mostly on motorways and i feel happy driving like a Grandad

But made a mistake with Black, i wish i went White, but i sat in a black one at the showroom and the kids loved it and my thought process was the wheel arches would look okay (which now after a few months i don't think they do)
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Berty

Post by Berty »

Opposite for me Nashy I chose black instead of white. I was offered a white car and would have been in it back on Jan 2nd but I'm still waiting on the black PHEV. I didn't go with N-Line because I wanted leather interior and an electric boot(in Ireland no Electric boot, packs or S model to chose from).I would have been in that by now as well(offered another cancellation) but coming from my own car I want things I don't have. I want heated seats, led headlights(I have them but some Tucsons in Ireland are still Halogen), electric boot and leather. The n-line(in Ireland) only offered me the heated seats so although I really like the look of it externally it meant too many compromises.

Also when the dealer phoned and offered me the white one the missus was in the car and her only thing was "Never a white car" and after all she works hard so her wages contribute to it. Her face said it all when he said "Will you take a white Tucson?"

As for the black arches. Would you consider using a tyre gel of sorts on it? I've had black trim on many cars and I use a double sided sponge(I use the soft side) because it is rectangular shaped and then run it along the black finish. You can also use Son of a Gun which you can get in Matte or Gloss. It really brightens it up.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

Berty wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:16 am Opposite for me Nashy I chose black instead of white. I was offered a white car and would have been in it back on Jan 2nd but I'm still waiting on the black PHEV. I didn't go with N-Line because I wanted leather interior and an electric boot(in Ireland no Electric boot, packs or S model to chose from).I would have been in that by now as well(offered another cancellation) but coming from my own car I want things I don't have. I want heated seats, led headlights(I have them but some Tucsons in Ireland are still Halogen), electric boot and leather. The n-line(in Ireland) only offered me the heated seats so although I really like the look of it externally it meant too many compromises.

Also when the dealer phoned and offered me the white one the missus was in the car and her only thing was "Never a white car" and after all she works hard so her wages contribute to it. Her face said it all when he said "Will you take a white Tucson?"

As for the black arches. Would you consider using a tyre gel of sorts on it? I've had black trim on many cars and I use a double sided sponge(I use the soft side) because it is rectangular shaped and then run it along the black finish. You can also use Son of a Gun which you can get in Matte or Gloss. It really brightens it up.
Good shout that Berty can I put that on the door trims as well to gloss them up a bit
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Berty

Post by Berty »

Yes, there's lot of products out there. I sometimes use Son of a Gun(when on offer) but mostly black in a flash or Turtle Wax and when Turtle wax I use that both on the plastic and one the tyres(different sponge). Let the car dry before driving off because if you move the wheels when they're still wet you can get run off onto the face of the alloy(so you've to wipe it again) or you might get run off onto the paintwork if not dry.

You can spot a car with blackened tyres,sills etc and you know that person didn't just run it through a car wash. For me it's nearly time for my cars twice yearly detarring of the paintwork so that normally means I give the car a good proper head to toe.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
daibill

Post by daibill »

Use something like Solution Finish...After a deep clean with an APC to remove anything that was on there before.. 6 - 8 months protection.
https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/solution ... m-restorer

Black with red doesn't look too bad though.
viewtopic.php?t=480
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post