SOS on Dash

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Has anyone had this on their dashboard and knows what it means?
Noticed it on my way to work, tried turning off the car a couple of times to see if it cleared and got nothing.
I foolishly pressed the button to see if that cleared it..... God that was a minute of panic.
Connected me to the emergency network and had to tell the guy i pressed the button by accident like a right twat but funnily enough it cleared it from my dash.
No matter what i did i could not find a way to cancel the emergency call!

I have had a quick browse through the manual when i got to work and could find reference to the button itself but not it illuminated (so to say) on the dash.
Don't know if it was maybe just the outside temperature activating it as a safety feature?
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I've not had this but someone on a Kona has. Obviously may not be the same issue but here is the query and the eventually solution.
<<<<<
Red SOS letters have appeared on the top left of our Kona Electric instrument cluster. There doesn't appear to be any faults with the car and the SOS button above the interior mirror has not been touched or pressed. Anyone any idea what this alert means or is intended to highlight?

Solved. It was a loose connection on the speaker unit attached to the cars SOS unit. The garage connected up their diagnostics kit and it highlighted where the problem was. Reconnected. Low and behold, the SOS warning has disappeared.
>>>>>>

I guess if it comes back on again trip to dealer for diagnostic perhaps.
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Lovely, much obliged.
Had the fear in my head of ambulances and police cars converging on my position thinking i was in trouble :lol:
XADE

Post by XADE »

What does the button actually do, set your alarm off I'd imagine?
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Deleted User 616

XADE wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:08 pm What does the button actually do, set your alarm off I'd imagine?
It's not for car alarm it's for the European eCall system. Allows you to manually call for help if you have an accident for example. It can autocall apparently should it deem the car has had a major hit.

If you want to know more there are a few pages in the manual. My 2021 HEV Manual pages are 8-36 to 8-42.
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Yeah pretty much what IngerzSH said.
When i pressed the button it connected to a call centre who at that point will take details and take the appropriate measures i imagine.
They cancelled the call and cleared my issue.
However i couldn't find away to cancel the call.
XADE

Post by XADE »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:36 pm
XADE wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:08 pm What does the button actually do, set your alarm off I'd imagine?
It's not for car alarm it's for the European eCall system. Allows you to manually call for help if you have an accident for example. It can autocall apparently should it deem the car has had a major hit.

If you want to know more there are a few pages in the manual. My 2021 HEV Manual pages are 8-36 to 8-42.
That sounds much more useful, I never knew that!
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

Same issue is being found on the Kia forums since the cold weather.
Deleted User 616

Unimatrix wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm Yeah pretty much what IngerzSH said.
When i pressed the button it connected to a call centre who at that point will take details and take the appropriate measures i imagine.
You may have tried it but to cancel apparently you press the SOS button again.

20221214_140336.jpg

Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:06 pm
Unimatrix wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm Yeah pretty much what IngerzSH said.
You may have tried it but to cancel apparently you press the SOS button again.

Probably the only button i didn't press twice :lol:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post