Fuel Filler Flap not sitting flush

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

The fuel filler Flap on my Tucson hybrid works fine but does not fit flush with the body panel line, maybe because of the swage line, but I cannot find any adjustment screws or ? to tweak it,
I have looked at a couple of other Tucson's the filler flap on one of them was like mine the other only slightly out of alignment.
Has anyone got the same issue or knows how to adjust the flap to make it sit flush with the panel lines.
It is not a major issue but it would look better in line otherwise it is back to dealer.

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Mine was sitting proud due to the filler cap holder hitting the filler cap. When I took mine for service the dealer adjusted it somehow. Its significantly better now.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Mine is also like this. Not a huge issue right now, but will get the dealer to sort at 1st service time.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Sounds like a dealer visit for me thanks chaps
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Just been and checked using the info left by IngerzSH and it seems that is the issue with mine, so yes defo dealer visit
daibill

Post by daibill »

I was going to ask this very question this morning. Used to be flush but very noticeably proud now.. Will have to wait 3 months until service time..
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)
tigre64

Post by tigre64 »

Seems it’s a know issue, we had the same on our 21 hybrid Premium, dealer said they’d had a few in for adjustment, although not sure they actually stopped it from doing it again in the future. Will have to keep an eye on it.
2021 Amazon Grey
Hybrid Premium
Al94

Post by Al94 »

daibill wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:58 am I was going to ask this very question this morning. Used to be flush but very noticeably proud now.. Will have to wait 3 months until service time..
Yup, same here!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Dealer sorted mine earlier this week. Not sure what they did, but it’s flush once more.
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

Took my car in yesterday too the dealer for the Flap to be sorted and when I picked up the car it was sitting correctly.

Time will tell if it is a permeant fix or not but for now it looks like it was when I purchased the car and the flap is not touching the filler cap.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post