Led headlights

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Greezy56

Post by Greezy56 »

Hi all, im finding the LED headlights on the new Tucson really underpowered and more so on full beam. On full beam they seem to just project more light left and right without illuminating further up a dark road.

I may have been spoiled in my last car having matrix led lights , they were amazing , the car that they attached too wasnt though.

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

When I first got the car I thought the lights where .. how do I say it .... crap ... Then I noticed the dealer had left the height adjuster in the wrong position. I adjusted it and things got better.

Overall however, I would best describe them as satisfactory. Agreed, on full beam you do get quite a bit of light spread left and right at short distance.

Perhaps a facelift will bring the matrix light technology from the new sportage.
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

I have only ever had halogen headlight bulbs in all past cars & that's a struggle in dark lanes

For me personally i cant believe how bright they are, its like going from candle light to day light & the auto high beam is brilliant in my opinion
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Berty

Post by Berty »

Spoiled by Matrix headlights, I'd say that could be it. Ride height can also be something as well. Depends on what you had.

My current cars are both LED, non matrix. Leon FR and Captur RS. The Captur has a higher up position and on full beam is impressive. Now that I've committed to a future Tucson and gone through the details and specs etc I now cannot unsee the amount of halogen variants on the road. I've driven the new Xtrail for a few weeks as well, fair to say those LED headlights even on the mid spec with HBA are pretty good as well.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Greezy56

Post by Greezy56 »

So is it possible to change the LED bulbs for higher lumen light out put . Probably needs coded in plus different cooling and wont be cheap.
Guess i will need to live with it , 1st world problems eh!
Berty

Post by Berty »

I wouldn't even consider it, haven't even checked. You'll end similar to those with HID kits in non Projector light assembly cars or those who put 100w bulbs in their car when 55w is the maximum allowed by either law or by others peoples eyeballs.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Deleted User 616

According to the manual you cannot change any of the existing led external lights as they are integrated led units rather than bulbs. If they break unfortunately its a whole new unit and an emptying of your wallet if that is true.

20221122_164459.jpg

20221122_164509.jpg

Andy_H

Post by Andy_H »

Sorry to jump on this thread, I have found other road users think the opposite.

I'm getting a lot of opposing lane traffic flashing me as if I've got full beam on! Much to their surprise when I give them a flash of the full LED's.

Anybody else had this experience, it goes in for its 1st service in a week so will get them to check the headlamp aim is correct.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

You should be able to lower it using the rotary switch near the steering wheel. Have you tried that?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

This is what Alan is referring too if it helps. I have to admit, after I adjusted it post delivery, I've not moved it from 0 even when fully loaded. Not been flashed at ever.

20221206_191757.jpg

Last edited by Deleted User 616 on Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post