2022 Tucson rear seat buckle with centre or 2 seats down

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
StuartDX

Post by StuartDX »

Hi, has anyone else had an issue with the accessibility to the rear seat belt buckle on the passenger side seat , when the centre seat or centre and driver's side seats, are down? The centre seat appears to be just wide by say 5mm, which means the buckle is not able to lift up and indeed cushon impairs the release button (you can press it down but it won't spring back up). It seems the buckle has to be left near horizontal so the release button is accessible but tricky when buckling up. Only noticed when taking teenager to University and loaded up, but, have since checked just dropping middle seat and it occurs straight away.

A little concerned over safety in the event of needing to egress the vehicle after an accident (which I hope doesn't happen).

Thanks

old man

Post by old man »

Never had occasion to use the rear seats how you describe, so just been out to have a look, and yes, mine is the same as yours. Poor design feature and nothing you can do to alter that.
However, have a go at using the centre seat socket for the nearside seat belt. Yes the release button is on the wrong side, but I think you'll find it reachable. I've done the same if I've been relegated to somebodys back seat in a small car and the proper socket is virtually under my bum.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
_Itsjustlewis

Post by _Itsjustlewis »

Yes noticed this recently when loading up the car for a short holiday. We have a toddler seat behind the passenger seat, and with the centre and right seats down, the buckle is totally inaccessible. Had to clip the seatbelt in then fully extend it to squirm the toddler underneath. A really crap design!
old man

Post by old man »

old man wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 4:11 pm Never had occasion to use the rear seats how you describe, so just been out to have a look, and yes, mine is the same as yours. Poor design feature and nothing you can do to alter that.
However, have a go at using the centre seat socket for the nearside seat belt. Yes the release button is on the wrong side, but I think you'll find it reachable. I've done the same if I've been relegated to somebodys back seat in a small car and the proper socket is virtually under my bum.
I discovered today that the out seat clasp will not fit into the centre seat socket as the clasps for the inner and out seats are different. As said above, a poor design all round.
I also discovered that my centre seat clasp and socket don't work at all as the clasp won't clip in. Another job for the dealer !!
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post