Crank Shaft

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
davekaarina

Post by davekaarina »

Has any body had a problem with the crank shaft on a 2020 Tuscon

ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

Can you give us an indication about what sort of problem you are thinking about and which engine?
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23
Shahid0274

Post by Shahid0274 »

I'm looking for someone who have recent problem too. I own 2020 mild hybrid se nav diesel and it broke as Auto start/stop failed and threw engine out of timing . resulting crank shaft broke and now lying-in-state at my local hyundai garage, waiting for engine to be replaced. They said they have 5 vehicles in waiting (4 tucsons and 1 i-30) with same problem.
davekaarina

Post by davekaarina »

Problem started with engine indicator on display, garage initially said it was to do with timing and then said it need a crank shaft, the comment by Shahid0274 concerning the stop/start system also on my car did not work at the same time as the engine light appeared?
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Yes I have had an issue with a 2020 Tuscon with a 1.6 diesel mild hybrid engine. Started with a grinding noise and squealing as if the belt slipping. AA picked it up and took it dealer. Now looking at waiting months to get it back.
Biggsy

Post by Biggsy »

Has anyone rejected the vehicle with the finance company due to the nature of the issue?
mikegenge@sky.com

Post by mikegenge@sky.com »

I have had exactly the same experience. The local dealer has three other cars with the same problem and estimates that there could be hundreds of cars with the same imminent problem. Hyundai UK must be aware but they are refusing to authorise a replacement/hire car until the dealer has completed an investigation which will take another week. Have tried contacting Hyundai UK directly and am promised a response, then I hear nothing back. The car is the same model as the original post
Richmjg

Post by Richmjg »

I have exactly the same issue. My Tucson has been with the dealer since early June. I spoke to citizens advice about it who suggested contacting the finance company. It appears that if your car is more than 6 months old you would have to prove the fault was there at the time of purchase. I was told that this would involve using the finance company’s independent mechanic at my cost who would take the car from the dealership. Moving the car may invalidate the decision the dealership have made to fix it. An absolute catch 22.
Clearly looking over this forum this seems to be a problem across the country. Contacting Hyundai, dealerships or finance doesn’t seem to have helped.
Has anybody tried anything else….consumer groups etc
Andrea m

Post by Andrea m »

I’ve been having issues with my 70 plate Tucson n-line 1.6 diesel automatic sport mild hybrid. It stalls when I go to pull away after sitting in traffic. The engine is warm and I have been stationary with the start/stop kicked in. Sometimes I feel like the clutch is slipping when changing up gear. I’ve had it in the garage and they say they can’t find anything wrong, I’m terrified to pull out onto a roundabout incase it stalls in traffic. My son bought an OBD gadget and it popped up with an error “ unknown power train issue”. I’ve phoned Hyundai and made my son speak to them as he knows more about cars than I do. It is now booked in for Nov ( earliest appointment) for a check. He insisted they did a software update and they confessed to a recall coming up- 30DC02 SERVICE CAMPAIGN Y NEW U TENSIONER AND SPROCKET REPLACEMENT. I hope this solves the issue. Sounds similar to what you guys having been struggling with.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post