N Line S - wavey body kit on doors

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
V8trim

Post by V8trim »

Has anyone else got really wavey body kit on each door that looks really bad? Just asking before I query with the dealership. Looks really bad in certain light.

BC85B933-2BFC-480D-B5F7-3D2CA7E43BF0.jpeg

Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I don't think that I do, not that I've noticed anyway.

I did have the section of wheel arch that is part of the rear doors fitted badly though. One came away a bit at the top and the other at the bottom. I took it into the dealer and they sorted it in 10 mins, apparently just tightening some clips. Yours looks like it might have the same issue with the wheel arch at the right edge of your picture on the right side. It doesn't look like it lines up quite right. Might just be the angle though.
old man

Post by old man »

Awful picture, full of reflections from your running board and other vehicles. Don't know how you expect anyone to ascertain whether you have a problem of not.
A trip to the dealer to compare with another N Line would be the thing to do.
The colour of a vehicle can make a difference to appearances.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

I think what the OP is referring to is what I see as 'the orange peel effect' on the trim. If you zoom in to the marked area you can easily see this. The paintwork has the orange peel look on the body kit parts. I have the same Shadow Grey colour so will check against mine shortly.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
Mar10

Post by Mar10 »

I can see what the OP is referring to, I don't think it's so much the usual 'orange peel' as the waves in the panel itself. I'm guessing those reflection should be pretty straight. It look like it's forming waves from the pinch points where the body panel is clipped on.

I checked mine this morning, it doesn't look like that.
old man

Post by old man »

It's still an awful picture and are both sides of the car the same ??
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

No waves on mine. Just a slight orange peel of the paintwork. Are the waves not just distorted images of what's being reflected due to the shine on Tucson and the fact that the trim is set at angle to the doors so the reflection would appear different? I can see the skyline in the wave reflections....
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Was looking at N Line Tucsons at the dealers when last in and wasn't impressed with the finish of the painted trims, thought they looked like poorly painted after market additions. Glad I went for the Ultimate with the standard trims which I know some don't like either.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
XADE

Post by XADE »

Al94 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:24 pm Was looking at N Line Tucsons at the dealers when last in and wasn't impressed with the finish of the painted trims, thought they looked like poorly painted after market additions. Glad I went for the Ultimate with the standard trims which I know some don't like either.
This is my thinking, I saw one recently that just didn't seem to fit correctly. Glad I went for the standard too now, awful.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

XADE wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:02 pm
Al94 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:24 pm Was looking at N Line Tucsons at the dealers when last in and wasn't impressed with the finish of the painted trims, thought they looked like poorly painted after market additions. Glad I went for the Ultimate with the standard trims which I know some don't like either.
This is my thinking, I saw one recently that just didn't seem to fit correctly. Glad I went for the standard too now, awful.
To be fair the trims on mine are all fitted perfectly. As I mentioned I can see a slight orange peel effect if I crouch down and look at a specific angle. Otherwise you can't see it. If it was bad I would just get a Detailer on it but it's not. Perhaps I'm just lucky or for others with bad ones unlucky???

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post