Tuscon - door lock issues - they wont open

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Kirstiew

Post by Kirstiew »

Hi all, recently purchased a second had Hyundai Tuscon n line 2019 (had it 10 days). Today went out to the car and it would unlock. Wing mirrors were opening but the car would not unlock. I proceeded to try with the key with no success. All the doors would make the sound of unlocking but would not open. Anyone know if this could be the key battery or the common fault with the latch? I will call dealers tomorrow to report it and see what they say. The car would still be under warranty with Hyundai so hoping it would be covered if something needs replacing. Thanks in advance

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Kirstiew wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:39 pm it would unlock. Wing mirrors were opening but the car would not unlock. I proceeded to try with the key with no success. All the doors would make the sound of unlocking but would not open.
Welcome to the forum, ‘Kirstiew’.

Before contacting the selling dealer, I’d like to be able to rule out the fact of the possibility that the car doors might be frozen and stuck shut. It’s rather odd if you can hear the sound of the door locks actuating that none of the doors can open.

The other thing in my mind is that the sound you hear is that of the lock mechanisms trying to open but not actually managing it. Perhaps in this cold weather, the battery has run down sufficiently to be the source of the problem you describe but still has some power, enough to create the lock movement you hear and the door mirror action you have noted.

Have you attempted entry again since reporting the matter here? If you still cannot gain entry, then you may achieve it by removing the end section from the driver’s door handle and utilising the key contained in the fob.....(I’m presuming that your car has that facility but I’m happy to be proved mistaken.)

If you can gain entry, you will obviously be able to try and start the engine. If that happens, all good. If the battery is depleted, then you can access the bonnet cable and open it, allowing access in order to jump-start the engine or place the battery on charge if necessary.

Please keep us posted on progress.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Big-E

Post by Big-E »

Hi, I've got 2016 tucson premium with 45000 miles and both my drivers doors have the same problem, started with the front door and several months later now the back door. I found the technical bulletin from the US with the extended info and part numbers. It shouldn't matter what country your in but US like taking thing to court and getting things done whereas the UK nobody could care about the safety issues until something happens.

Screenshot_20240310_192748_Gallery.jpg

Big-E

Post by Big-E »

I've just read that Kia American have also done the same for their vehicles, what gives🤔

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post