Broken USB port

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Glad it's sorted.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey

Tommo72

Post by Tommo72 »

I have a 2022 tuscon 1.6 Gdi my. USB port for car play the left one has also broken in the same way that you describe. I have used the port approx six times and then the white plastic tongue felt out of the port.
The dealer examined the car and state it’s not a warranty issue as I have apparently broken the port.
The dealer want £197 ponds to repair what I believe is a warranty issue. The car was a few months old when this happened!!! I contacted Hyundai UK re the matter and was told that I would get a call back I’m still waiting.
I’d like to know how many others out there have suffered the same issue? It appears to be a design fault as I’ve never experienced this issue with computers, games consoles, tv and battery packs.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

They are very poor quality ports. Mine broke in exactly the same way and it was not abuse! I was told they wouldn't cover it under warranty as I had broken it. I got mine replaced after many complaints to the service manager. Cost me nothing in the end. Since then i have a short USB extension lead permanently in the socket so nothing is in and out of it! Imagine if train and bus USB sockets were of similar quality!
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

I'm with AI94. A lead permanently connected is a good call. I notice that ebay have quite a few secondhand full usb/power outlet panels for sale, but looking closely at some of them, the white tab is missing on the left port. They really should not break so easily. Wonder if newer Tuscons have or will get an updated/more robust port.
jerredb

Post by jerredb »

USB ports should not break after a few months of usage! They are external ports and should be built to be able to handle a lot of plugging in and out of cables and dongles. So when they do break (and in this case it appears to always be the internal plastic tooth that breaks off) it needs to be covered by warranty as it is most definitely a manufacturers fault and in a car like this it needs to be covered and repaired by the manufacturers warranty! No other USB port has ever broken in such a way that the plastic bit in the middle breaks off and gets stuck in the male plug when I unplug my dongle ?!? I am now even unable to update my navigation and media system due to that fragile USB port being broken and the car is hardly a year old!
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

My car is 6 weeks old and yesterday after updating the Navigation software * via a USB stick the socket fell apart!! Now its going to be several weeks before they can get the car back into a dealer to be repaired..Not impressed Its a Company car supplied via leaseplan so it will be a slow complicated series of events

* this update was massive but I see no actual differance since performing the procedure
XADE

Post by XADE »

Should be full over the air and Android Auto wireless in this model anyway, hopefully the face lift sorts it out.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black