Rear offside door doesn't drain

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

IngerzSH wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 4:45 pm I pulled the seal down until the plastic holding pins became fully visible but didn't actually pull them fully clear of the door. A load of water came out when I did this which was a little unexpected. I then pushed back gently. Can't really figure out how its fixed the issue but It rained overnight and no water, so in my case it's looking favourable.
Just tried this, and as the plugs moved quite a bit of water was released. I’ve refitted the plugs and will wait and see…

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

We had a deluge overnight and unfortunately the trapped water has returned. I thought I had rectified it due to no water for a few weeks even after heavy rain. Wishful thinking on my part. Back to the dealer along with a few other bits. Apologies for the false hope.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 2:54 pm We had a deluge overnight and unfortunately the trapped water has returned. I thought I had rectified it due to no water for a few weeks even after heavy rain. Wishful thinking on my part. Back to the dealer along with a few other bits. Apologies for the false hope.
Same here. Can’t make it into my dealer for a while, but would be good to hear if they can help you though.
old man

Post by old man »

I made a statement in another thread yesterday that my car doesn't suffer this problem.
I discover today that it does, albeit not badly.
A quick look under the doors reveal it's obvious that holes in the bottom of the doors are working fine and letting water out on to the sills, but the seals between the door bottoms and the sills are too good and aren't releasing the water from on the sills. A quick look reveals no easy way to fix it and I'd describe it as a design flaw.

Upon further inspection, I was looking at the wrong seal. As I said, the water is draining fine from the door but the rubber seal on the door that fits against the upper part of the sill is holding the water that's drained from the door in place on the sill until the door is opened. It's obvious that holes in the bottom of the doors are working fine and letting water out, but the seal between the door bottoms and the sills is too good and isn't releasing the water from on the sills.

Maybe cutting a V shaped slot in the seal would let the water drain, but letting the dealer sort it would be the best root to take - if they're capable.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

My dealer knows about this and has done since I got the car in March. But he's never called me back with a solution.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:08 pm My dealer knows about this and has done since I got the car in March. But he's never called me back with a solution.
No big surprise there then :(
I should be visiting my dealer next week, so I'll ask if they've seen this and if there's a fix.
old man

Post by old man »

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Yep - cheers.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post