Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

howitis wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:35 pm As explained by others in more technical fashion, it's the battery/batteries, that no matter it seems how you run the car, can fail to keep the 12v one with enough oomph to run the systems when the engine is switched off.
This correlation between 12V battery state and loss of settings is, as yet, unproven. People have lost settings, without the battery saver triggering (me included). At least one forum member has seen the settings disappear while the car was powered on.

See: this thread for details.
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

Pda0763

Post by Pda0763 »

I have just purchased a new n-line s Tucson, 2023, but confused about the Reverse Parking distance indicator should it be on or off, my dealership says it should be turned off to activate the sensors, it also switches itself back on, and my sensors don’t activate at all, also should the auto parking distance warning be on or off, I no you shouldn’t just rely on the sensor’s but the at least should be working, or it may just be me being thick
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

confused about the Reverse Parking distance indicator
[/quote]

Welcome to the forum, ‘Pda0763’.

Perhaps I’m being thick but I simply don’t recognise the issue you seem to have. Without touching anything else, I start the car, perform my ‘pre-flight’ regime and drive away.

Should the occasion arise when I need to select Reverse, I do that and the sensors will sound as I get close to anything behind. This is all viewable on-screen.

Is there something I’m missing?
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

confused about the Reverse Parking distance indicator

Perhaps I’m being thick but I simply don’t recognise the issue you seem to have. Without touching anything else, I start the car, perform my ‘pre-flight’ regime and drive away.

Should the occasion arise when I need to select Reverse, I do that and the sensors will sound as I get close to anything behind. This is all viewable on-screen.

Is there something I’m missing?
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

Pda0763 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:54 am I have just purchased a new n-line s Tucson, 2023, but confused about the Reverse Parking distance indicator
When it's illuminated, the system is activated.

However, it has a propensity for switching itself OFF :roll:

See "Driver assistance >> Parking Safety >> [ ]Auto PDW (Parking Distance Warning" and make sure it's "ticked".
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Pda0763

Post by Pda0763 »

Thanks for the reply phil hopefully that will work I’ve only had it 2 days, I will put the auto Pdw on and leave it switched on much appreciated
Pda0763

Post by Pda0763 »

Indalo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 2:07 pm confused about the Reverse Parking distance indicator

Is there something I’m missing

Sorry for the late reply my dealer confused us in the handover saying the parking indicator should be off, my wife now does her checks before driving away

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post