Why does my new Tucson forget settings?

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

IngerzSH wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:55 am
Southern Lad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm Ok. So after almost 2 weeks of ownership I finally had the reset issue on mine. Well I think it was.....Noticible for me with the clocks time being at the last time I used the car & drivers info being wiped. This was lunchtime today. When I finished work at 17.30pm the clock was reading 13.15pm which was when I last turned car off. It should be noted that the battery was showing 1/2 so it wasn't anything to do with it being depleted. I have reset the time and will take more note now of any future incident. I'm not bothered if I lose mpg details or temp settings etc but the clock being totally wrong is not right.
I'm sure you will have checked but do you have the following set.
Just to clarify, are you suggesting that the clock needs to be set via the Bluelink app or are you doing it from there for convenience rather than going to the car ?

I think (but I could be wrong) that the clock is only controlled via satellite if that option is ticked, as in the illustration above. If that option is unticked, then the clock has to take its time and power from elsewhere i.e. the 12V battery, so when that depletes the time as well as other settings are lost.
The first time my clock went haywire, I didn't have the satellite option ticked.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

Southern Lad wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm Ok. So after almost 2 weeks of ownership I finally had the reset issue on mine. Well I think it was.....Noticible for me with the clocks time being at the last time I used the car & drivers info being wiped. This was lunchtime today. When I finished work at 17.30pm the clock was reading 13.15pm which was when I last turned car off. It should be noted that the battery was showing 1/2 so it wasn't anything to do with it being depleted. I have reset the time and will take more note now of any future incident. I'm not bothered if I lose mpg details or temp settings etc but the clock being totally wrong is not right.
Yes that's exactly as I have it set. So yes I'm sure now that it's a GPS issue.
2022 1.6 H T-GDi 230ps Hybrid N Line S in Shadow Grey
old man

Post by old man »

old man wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am
Just to clarify, are you suggesting that the clock needs to be set via the Bluelink app or are you doing it from there for convenience rather than going to the car ?

I think (but I could be wrong) that the clock is only controlled via satellite if that option is ticked, as in the illustration above. If that option is unticked, then the clock has to take its time and power from elsewhere i.e. the 12V battery, so when that depletes the time as well as other settings are lost.
The first time my clock went haywire, I didn't have the satellite option ticked.
I will revise this statement; regardless of how the clock keeps actual time, it still has to have power to drive it and that doesn't come from a satellite, so unless it has its own built in power source a drop off in power from the 12V battery will affect it in similar fashion to other settings.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

old man wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:41 am
old man wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 8:42 am

I will revise this statement; regardless of how the clock keeps actual time, it still has to have power to drive it and that doesn't come from a satellite, so unless it has its own built in power source a drop off in power from the 12V battery will affect it in similar fashion to other settings.
I don't think the clock is actually losing power!!!! I just think it loses connectivity with the GPS so when it's next turned on it's still at the last time it was connected to the GPS???
dylan2910

Post by dylan2910 »

Had car serviced yesterday (3/11/22) and software was updated (last update carried out in May) by the dealer. The reset issue had been discussed with the dealer in May and the update carried out then did not solve the issue, it was also discussed when taking the car in for the service and a log of the resets given. Software was updated and dealer says this should resolve the issue and asked that I monitor it, this I will obviously do.

Updated software
STD Class Gen5 W Navigation
Updated 3-11-2022
Model NX4eAH.S5BLC.AEU
software version NX4e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220623
Vehicle Tucson Ultimate Hybrid
EJH

Post by EJH »

I've had mine 2 days & told it has the latest software loaded.
NX4e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220428
My dealer is obviously of the 'sell it, book it out, onto the next one asap' variety. Customer service is a fantasy to these blokes.
EDIT
Unless the new update is only 48 hours old 🤪
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

dylan2910 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:41 pm Had car serviced yesterday (3/11/22) and software was updated (last update carried out in May) by the dealer. The reset issue had been discussed with the dealer in May and the update carried out then did not solve the issue, it was also discussed when taking the car in for the service and a log of the resets given. Software was updated and dealer says this should resolve the issue and asked that I monitor it, this I will obviously do.

Updated software
STD Class Gen5 W Navigation
Updated 3-11-2022
Model NX4eAH.S5BLC.AEU
software version NX4e_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.001.220623
Vehicle Tucson Ultimate Hybrid

So they have updated you to 23 June. Alot of people have applied this themselves but I'm sure it hasn't fixed their reset issues unfortunately. I'll let others comment ...
Southern Lad

Post by Southern Lad »

EJH wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:55 pm I've had mine 2 days & told it has the latest software loaded.
My dealer is obviously of the 'sell it, book it out, onto the next one asap' variety. Customer service is a fantasy to these blokes.
EDIT
I think your dealer is telling porky pies.

The latest software is

NX4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.220623

The last 6 digits being the date. So yours is 28-04-22

Mine was also supplied in September with the April software so have updated myself as have many on here.
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Follow this link to update - https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/updateNoticeView/623

Also keep an eye on this site, as there is supposed to be another update later this month or next.
EJH

Post by EJH »

Southern Lad wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:50 pm
EJH wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:55 pm I've had mine 2 days & told it has the latest software loaded.
EDIT
I think your dealer is telling porky pies.

The latest software is

NX4_H.EUR.S5W_L.001.220623

The last 6 digits being the date. So yours is 28-04-22

Mine was also supplied in September with the April software so have updated myself as have many on here.
Oh aye junior sales guy is full if it. I should have sussed the date, but left it assuming he was right about the latest software on board.
Looks like an interesting conversation ahead.
Car going in for bootlights & dashcam soon so they can do it properly then. After that, I may do it myself for future updates.
Cheers 🍺
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post