Lane keeping assistance - can it be turned off permanently?

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

WRF60 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 am I went to move lanes to pull into services , thought the person in the inside lane was letting me in so moved over but the car thought otherwise - emergency brake and moved me back into middle lane

So this is a "Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist" issue, rather than a "Lane Keeping Assist" issue :?:
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

PhilHornby wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:53 pm
WRF60 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:49 am I went to move lanes to pull into services , thought the person in the inside lane was letting me in so moved over but the car thought otherwise - emergency brake and moved me back into middle lane

So this is a "Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist" issue, rather than a "Lane Keeping Assist" issue :?:
From what I've read, the BCA function does not try to steer the car. It vibrates the wheel and applies the brakes if deemed necessary.

I know when I'm on the motorway and perhaps pull into lane with what the system thinks it too close (its not), I get the warning sound,vibration, flashing mirror symbol, but no emergency braking as I'm moving forward at pace. Must have been close if the brakes are applied. Again, happened a few times when the car in front had decided to turn without warning and I've made a move to go round but not quick enough to stop the brakes being applied .... bit annoying ..
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Blind spot monitoring saved me once. I wanted to move out, looked & signalled - nothing there. As I moved over, a yob in a BMW (black of course) shot out and accellerated hard. The car saw it and sorted it all out for me.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

One downside of the BSM feature that I encountered in my 2017 model, is that even with it turned off it is still operational. I tow a caravan and at irregular times during a journey I would get a warning that the BSM had been disabled because it was sensing the caravan as an overtaking vehicle. I'm guessing the same will happen with my 2022 model.
Regarding the LKA feature, I always turn it off at the start of each journey, on the basis that the built in technology can never know exactly what I want to do in relation to the road conditions I see.
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post