Petrol particulate filter

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
old man

Post by old man »

DWS wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:25 am Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Ultimate Petrol
Not currently any consolation for you, but as Hyundai have rolled out an update for earlier cars, knowing that later cars are also affected, there must be a reason they haven't issued an update across the board.
I'd guess one will appear for later cars in the fullness of time. By issuing a fix (hopefully) Hyundai have acknowledged there is a fault, so I'd hope dealers will now stop moaning and charging about doing regens for customers.
Manufacturers are constantly altering parameters/settings in their cars, that we, the consumer never get to hear about. It's quite likely that cars built after March 2021 came out of the factory with a different ECU programme to those that came before, so they've worked on a fix for earlier cars, but haven't yet sorted one out for later cars. These things take time and money unfortunately.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

stranger2001

Post by stranger2001 »

i have the ultimate 72 plate tucson and it is a mild hybrid and the light has come on, so hybrids are affected

also it is automatic so its not like i can drive in 3rd gear on motorway etc - this is a bloody joke i didnt buy a diesel car because of dpf issue now they have created the same problem for petrol ones
old man

Post by old man »

stranger2001 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:18 pm i have the ultimate 72 plate tucson and it is a mild hybrid and the light has come on, so hybrids are affected

also it is automatic so its not like i can drive in 3rd gear on motorway etc - this is a bloody joke i didnt buy a diesel car because of dpf issue now they have created the same problem for petrol ones
Mild hybrids are not strictly speaking hybrids.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
Wooder82

Post by Wooder82 »

We had the 'fix' in May after 2 forced regens since purchased new in January 2022 - the light came on again yesterday after just over 2 months, so it is booked in yet again. The person I spoke to when booking it in this time said the 'fix' isn't permanent - it will only lengthen the time between the forced regens. It is a nightmare - we can't keep on like this - what will happen when the MoT is due or when the warranty runs out? Any ideas ?
thesaint0126

Post by thesaint0126 »

I have a Hyundai Tucson N-Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Sept 2022.

I have practically had to take the car into dealer every 2 months or 1000 miles for a forced regeneration to clear PPF warning since I have had the vehicle from new, a year ago.

There was a software update which I had several months ago, which did not help at all so took the car back to the dealer around 2 months ago. They consulted with Technical team & did a different software update. However, I have now got the warning light yet again. It is extremely frustrating and a very time-consuming issue to attempt to resolve. Hyundai have not resolved the PPF issue.
Ivabak17

Post by Ivabak17 »

Tucson 2022 Premium 1.6 petrol UK model, GPF light on at 16,000 miles. Tried the latest way to clear as per technical bulletin update and light went out after approx 10 to 15 minutes of driving, happy days.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Too many threads on this now ha. Admin clear up?

Glad people are getting it resolved themselves, even though it shouldn't be this way.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
TINA1971

Post by TINA1971 »

Followed these instructions and it cleated within about 10 minutes
New instruction:
When the GPF warning light illuminate, please perform the following driving pattern to activate the GPF driving
regeneration. (Speed >80km/h (50 mph), 3rd or higher gear with engine rpm between 2500~4000 rpm)
Drive over 80km/h (50mph) in 3rd gear Accelerate up to 4000 rpm, release acceleration pedal, wait 5 sec, and
accelerate again to 4000 rpm.
Continuously repeat this process until the GPF warning lamp will switch off.
In case of DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) is necessary you to switch to SPORT mode and change gear
manually to 3rd or higher gear and then follow mentioned procedure.
In case you drive over 30min / or the GPF Warning starts blinking (at this time LCD warning message will
CCD

Post by CCD »

Posted on this previously. Managed since to do the 4000 revs thing and the light goes off.
72 plate Tucson 1.6 petrol.
Took it for first annual service and light came on whilst on way to garage ( Arnold Clark Hyundai Linwood)
Told the service advisor who asked if I knew how the system worked. Told him I had a previous email battle with Hyundai and got no joy. Also said if it would cost me then I’d sort it myself.
Got the car back £230 for service and light still on. Not even a mention of it in the service report. Astonishing
Davis63

Post by Davis63 »

Now that is terrible service, you wonder if they actually got in it and turned it on
2024 Premium PHEV-Shimmering Silver

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post