Petrol particulate filter

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
daibill

Post by daibill »

I've always used engine breaking and drop a couple of cogs approaching roundabouts on the fast roads etc to blow the filter out and fix or not, will continue to drive that way. So far so good. A manual helps in that respect though.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

XADE

Post by XADE »

daibill wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:12 am I will be asking if the fix has been applied when Mine goes in for it's first 10k in 10 days time. Saying that', i've yet to experience the issue.
I wouldn't worry that much about it. Mine didn't hit till 4k miles in, and plenty of short journeys in that time.

The problem with looking back at posts about this problem is they are all pre-fix (hopefully), and pre Hyundai admitting liability, according to my dealership at least.

It shouldn't be happening, but its a free 30min fix at any dealership that adheres to warranty work. Hopefully nobody is trying to fix this themselves, let's nip that in the bud now.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Baconrind

Post by Baconrind »

Hi

Ive had my Petrol Tucson Premium for about 4 weeks and the GPF light has come on. I have tried clearing as per the manual with no joy. It's booked for diagnostics (3 weeks time as they are busy). Am I ok to keep driving It? The manual reads like it's okay but fuel economy may be affected. Hyundai was not helpful and said we can't diagnose over the phone !

Kind Regards

Dean
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Contact your dealer. They have a procedure and a fix (apparently)
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Baconrind wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:00 pm Hi

Ive had my Petrol Tucson Premium for about 4 weeks and the GPF light has come on. I have tried clearing as per the manual with no joy. It's booked for diagnostics (3 weeks time as they are busy). Am I ok to keep driving It? The manual reads like it's okay but fuel economy may be affected. Hyundai was not helpful and said we can't diagnose over the phone !

Kind Regards

Dean
If there are other dealers close to you why not try another Hyundai dealer. If there is a supposed fix, like Alan mentioned, any dealer should be able to action it and there should be no charge.
CCD

Post by CCD »

Got my 1.6 petrol Tucson November 2022. PPF Light came on after 600 miles. Forced Regen by dealer as goodwill ! Informed I’d have to pay if it happened again.
Hyundai customer service dismal reply to state it is not a warrantable fault. Down to driving style. Refused to help any further.
I do a mix of town and motorway driving. Light came on yesterday and today I tried the method listed earlier ie 3rd gear over 50 mph accelerate to 4000 revs let off for five secs and repeat. After 20 miles light has went off.
I like the car but am appalled at the dismal attitude of both dealer and Hyundai to this matter.
old man

Post by old man »

CCD wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:38 pm Got my 1.6 petrol Tucson November 2022. PPF Light came on after 600 miles. Forced Regen by dealer as goodwill ! Informed I’d have to pay if it happened again.
Hyundai customer service dismal reply to state it is not a warrantable fault. Down to driving style. Refused to help any further.
I do a mix of town and motorway driving. Light came on yesterday and today I tried the method listed earlier ie 3rd gear over 50 mph accelerate to 4000 revs let off for five secs and repeat. After 20 miles light has went off.
I like the car but am appalled at the dismal attitude of both dealer and Hyundai to this matter.
See the post from alan sh two posts above yours.
Phone your dealer, give him your VIN number to make sure the fix applies to your car and if so, get your car booked in to have the update applied.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
DWS

Post by DWS »

Just contacted Hyundai Customer Service to see if this software update would work on my car,apparently not.
The software update is for cars up to March 2021. My Tucson is October 2021 and therefore not included.
The light at the end of the tunnel just went out again.
old man

Post by old man »

DWS wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:47 am Just contacted Hyundai Customer Service to see if this software update would work on my car,apparently not.
The software update is for cars up to March 2021. My Tucson is October 2021 and therefore not included.
The light at the end of the tunnel just went out again.
Which model do you have ?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
DWS

Post by DWS »

Hyundai Tucson 1.6 Ultimate Petrol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post