2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Berty

Post by Berty »

I'm now awaiting an update from my Cupra dealer about a car I didn't expect would happen. I was told(this week) that IF I took the leather/elec seats and the Top View camera I could have it built in Week 3/4 in January so have it by late February. I have commited in cash(not much) to a Tucson(€200). I was meant to get a Seat/VW 2k dealer contribution(if registered by the 28th February) and if he can commit to that 2k(as the two new parts would be 1,400 in Euro extra) and he kept the 2.9% instead of 6.9% then I'd jump ship. There is no chance they will do that, I can see them giving me the 2k but getting the bank to commit to 4% lower APR is quite unlikely. It's a Formentor...............................it's so pretty and in Ireland has a much better spec than the Tucson if it is smaller. Only two of us in the house anyway.

1st world problems but frankly as people in this thread are buying cars I might get less grief(still some grief) having such a choice to make. I told a friend at the weekend over a pint that I didn't know which car I would like to ordered both and was told "pity about you".
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

md2609

Post by md2609 »

Finally got my car yesterday after 10 months, all happened very quickly.

Like it a lot, spent about 2 hours sat in it last night going through the many, many pages of settings and think ive got it how i want it now.

I got an Ultimate MHEV Htrac in dark Knight.

Averaging 32mpg over 120 miles so far, so it almost matches the Octavia VRS tdi (40mpg) i traded in for fuel costs, given the price difference in fuel. Hopefully see a few more mpg out of it as it runs in too.
hallchr

Post by hallchr »

Ordered mine 15 December and was quoted may 2023 delivery
Beards

Post by Beards »

At long last….. I kept asking my dealer “Any info”?. I always got the same reply “Nothing”!
Yesterday, two weeks later I sent them an email…… Turns out not only has it been given a VIN number, not only has it completed build, not only has it been transported to the UK but the vehicle is awaiting transporter to the dealer.
Expected date at the dealer 18 January.
That works out at 8 months from place of order to delivery…… Fair enough but I’m bloody annoyed the dealer never had any updates…… or did they!!!
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
XADE

Post by XADE »

Beards wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:58 am At long last….. I kept asking my dealer “Any info”?. I always got the same reply “Nothing”!
Yesterday, two weeks later I sent them an email…… Turns out not only has it been given a VIN number, not only has it completed build, not only has it been transported to the UK but the vehicle is awaiting transporter to the dealer.
That works out at 8 months from place of order to delivery…… Fair enough but I’m bloody annoyed the dealer never had any updates…… or did they!!!
Just imagine if they were updating every customer to each of those points, its similar with things like moving house, bonkers if you updated people every step of the way when it makes absolutely no difference to the timescale. But I understand your frustrations, it should all be automated info to customer.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Beards

Post by Beards »

XADE wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:13 pm
Beards wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:58 am At long last….. I kept asking my dealer “Any info”?. I always got the same reply “Nothing”!
Just imagine if they were updating every customer to each of those points, its similar with things like moving house, bonkers if you updated people every step of the way when it makes absolutely no difference to the timescale. But I understand your frustrations, it should all be automated info to customer.
Yes….. I don’t need a page by page movement, but there’s a massive difference from always being told ‘Nothing’ to all of a sudden it is here…. And I even needed to ask that simple piece of info!
I appreciate dealers are always looking at their next target figure but at the very least have someone who can keep a customer in the loop.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Fuelmanfx

Post by Fuelmanfx »

Tucson 2023.jpeg

Well its here , delivered to my house on via transporter and I am chuffed , its been a long wait. Still getting to grips with the settings though , but will get it how I like it hopefully soon
Ultimate Hybrid 230 in Pearl Phantom Black, Moss Grey Interior with Tech pack
Order Date: March 14th 2022
Expected delivery Sept 14th
Expected delivery changed to Nov 21st
Expected Delivery changed to Dec 12th
Expected delivery changed to Jan 30th 2023
Berty

Post by Berty »

Fancy, I can see the neighbours curtains twitching "you wouldn't believe who got themselves a car new"
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Jsmith73

Post by Jsmith73 »

Can anyone indicate how long the lead times are currently for Tucson ultimate PHEV auto 4WD. I ordered 30/10/23 and was told Est 04/03/24 then changed to mid January then changed again to mid February.Had to change colour from Amazon grey to Dark Night grey as no Amazon grey being built.
Also does the top spec come with parking assist from key fob?
Sorry for all the questions.
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto 4wd.
Amazon Grey
Moss Leather Interior.
Ordered 30/10/23
Estimated delivery 04/03/24
Colour changed to Dark Night Grey 05/11/23
(No Amazon Grey)
Estimated delivery changed 08/01/24
Estimated delivery changed 05/02/24
EJH

Post by EJH »

Tech pack is no longer available according to others looking to buy. I think to 2024 face-lift has mixed up the product specs.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post