2022.. surely the year I finally get my new car!!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Berty

Post by Berty »

Very exciting, enjoy your Christmas cars people. For most of us this is an image of our cars

Steel.jpg

Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

TWPC

Post by TWPC »

Berty wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:14 am Very exciting, enjoy your Christmas cars people. For most of us this is an image of our cars
Thank you - it's been a long wait. I think I ordered it on 1st June.
For all our sakes, I hope Hyundai's steel is high quality!

Is there any other car company that makes its own steel?! Or are there any other steel manufacturers that make cars? Tata perhaps: do Jaguar and Land Rover use Tata steel?
A few years ago Caparo made the T1... https://www.evo.co.uk/caparo/t1
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
Amazon Grey
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

missmulberry wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:00 am
TWPC wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:08 pm
missmulberry wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:52 pm Hey. So mine landed on 30 Nov and waiting for port clearance, delivery to dealer and pre delivery checks, reg no etc. how long did it take others? So close now but still don’t want to get too excited!
missmulberry,
Mine was on the same boat and the last I was told is that it is being delivered to me on 12th December. Fingers crossed!
So exciting isn’t it! Have you had your reg no yet??
Yes. The agent has given me the reg no. but the car itself does not appear to have been registered as it is not on the gov.uk database yet.
I am trying to contain my excitement/expectation but have succumbed to buying a set of mats and the Gafat storage box for the centre console...
Amazon Grey
missmulberry

Post by missmulberry »

TWPC wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:51 am
missmulberry wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:00 am
TWPC wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 10:08 pm

missmulberry,
Mine was on the same boat and the last I was told is that it is being delivered to me on 12th December. Fingers crossed!
So exciting isn’t it! Have you had your reg no yet??
Yes. The agent has given me the reg no. but the car itself does not appear to have been registered as it is not on the gov.uk database yet.
I am trying to contain my excitement/expectation but have succumbed to buying a set of mats and the Gafat storage box for the centre console...
So exciting! Not had mine yet, it’s been a palaver! First ordered a juke in January….delay after delay…then told in June that there’s no build date as they’ve all been wiped out because of chip problem…back to square 1 with changing car, albeit for a better car I think, so close now after nearly a year!
Tucson 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 n line s hybrid , Engine red
Ordered 15 June 2022
Due at dealer 7 December 22
Fishcan

Post by Fishcan »

Things seem to be moving a bit more now, I've just had an update from the lease company today and everything has moved forward a month, from the completed build date to the shipping and dealer drop off.
I'm still inclined to ask them to keep hold of it still and register it on 1st March, I'd got used to it being delivered first week of March or thereabouts. Having said that, knowing I could have it a few weeks earlier might get me thinking..... :lol:
Hyundai Tucson N Line S Hybrid 230 in Sunset Red
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

My car was delivered today as promised. :)
Horrible weather so it's not exactly clean! Haven't been for a drive yet. The infotainment version dates from April...
I got some mats from carmats4u that fit perfectly and look OK and the Gafat storage thing for the centre storage box is installed and awaits detritus.

Hyundai Tucson (3).jpg

Amazon Grey
Berty

Post by Berty »

Such a beautiful car. Enjoy it.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
ClassicPete

Post by ClassicPete »

For those who have gone through the supply process, can someone tell me how they found details of the ship that their car was bought to the UK on. My dealer gave me a ship name, but it was reported as being in the North Sea rather than near to South Korea. I've got the VIN for me car, so I suppose that's progress
2023 Hyundai Tucson Ultimate Hybrid 230 Amazon Grey/Moss Grey trim
1990 MG Maestro Turbo #436 of 505
1973 Semi-works Austin Allegro Rally Car
Tucson Ordered 9/8/22
Arrived Tilbury 21/12/22
Collected 27/1/23
Fishcan

Post by Fishcan »

It's my understanding that some (or most European) cars come from the factory in the Czech Republic so the info of the ship being in the North sea might well be correct.
Hyundai Tucson N Line S Hybrid 230 in Sunset Red
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

ClassicPete wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:51 pm For those who have gone through the supply process, can someone tell me how they found details of the ship that their car was bought to the UK on. My dealer gave me a ship name, but it was reported as being in the North Sea rather than near to South Korea. I've got the VIN for me car, so I suppose that's progress
Hyundai uses the KESS shipping line to carry cars from Gdansk to Port of London (Tilbury). Their names of their car carriers are all '[****] Highway' such as Isar Highway, Thames Highway or Neckar Highway. See here: http://www.kess.kline.de

You can go onto the Port of London page here: http://www.pla.co.uk/Port-Trade/Ship-mo ... -movements
Click on 'Expected Arrivals' and then search the page for the ship name you have or 'Highway'.

The only 'Highway' coming is Neckar Highway, due to arrive on 14th December. That's probably the one.
Amazon Grey

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post