New Tucson GPF light on

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Deleted User 620

Post by Deleted User 620 »

Hi Everyone
Update on GPF filter light coming on.
I booked my vehicle into the local dealer to investigate back in early June, the dealer told me they forced a regeneration sequence to extinguish the light, they gave me a copy of the service bulletin that explains how to initiate the sequence in case it happens again, I have covered 5500 miles now with no more problems... so far.
I have noticed when I turn the ignition on, all lamps on the dashboard illuminate as an operation check but the GPF filter lamp is not included on that initial startup check, does it light up on anyone else's vehicle on start up?

old man

Post by old man »

the GPF filter lamp is not included on that initial startup check, does it light up on anyone else's vehicle on start up?
Most of us wouldn't know which sign illuminates for a GPF fault, so could you enlighten us?
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Also, for those with cars with a GPF, can you pass on the sequence if their light does come on?
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

Does this help...

20221025_232145.jpg

old man

Post by old man »

IngerzSH wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:23 pm Does this help...
It certainly does, thankyou.
Tommo72

Post by Tommo72 »

21 plate tuscon I had the Gpf light come on and was
Mythed when the dealer said it was the equivalent of a Dpf filter. I thought I’d got away from these on my previous diesel cars. I just took the car on a 20-30 drive on quicker roads 40 plus which seemed to do the job.
I believe this was as a result of numerous short journeys back and forth to wife’s work place approx 1 mile. The mileage was fairly low 3000-4000 but hasn’t happened since now nearly 9000 miles.
Junopsykes

Post by Junopsykes »

Just got this from hyundai.

This is the information that we have been sent from Hyundai with regards to the Regen of Tucsons.

When the GPF warning light illuminate, please perform the following driving pattern to activate the GPF driving regeneration. (Speed >80km/h (50 mph),
3rd or higher gear with engine rpm between 2500~4000 rpm) Drive over 80km/h (50mph) in 3rd gear Accelerate up to 4000 rpm, release acceleration pedal,
wait 5 sec, and accelerate again to 4000 rpm. Continuously repeat this process until the GPF warning lamp will switch off.
In case of DCT (Dual Clutch Transmission) is necessary you to switch to SPORT mode and change gear manually to 3rd or higher gear
and then follow mentioned procedure. In case you drive over 30min / or the GPF Warning starts blinking (at this time LCD warning message will be displayed),

Hope that this helps.
Mr.grumpy

Post by Mr.grumpy »

Purchased a new 22 plate Tucson 1.6 petrol 48v mhd premium in september 22 from a dealers in Peterborough. In early december the exhaust regeneration light came on and I spoke to the dealers who said it was my style of driving that was causing the problem and gave me a sheet of instructions on how to clear this which I followed. I took the vehicle back to the dealers and after a great deal of argy bargy they did a forced regeneration free of charge but said that it would be chargeable in future. The light has now come on again in the last couple of days and I am talking to the garage again. I have again tried in the last two days of driving up and down for at least 40 mins each time at great cost to clear this with no avail. I am now awaiting for the garage to come back to me but reading lots of threads on here Hyundai seem to know about this problem and have not rectified it. If it is not rectified I will try and go down the route of the 2015 consumer act and talk to the finance company.
old man

Post by old man »

If it is not rectified I will try and go down the route of the 2015 consumer act and talk to the finance company.

Keep us updated, it will be interesting to know how you fare if you take this route.
Mr.grumpy

Post by Mr.grumpy »

Have the same problem on my tucson which is 4 months old. Waiting for garage to come back to me as they are talking to technical today. This has now come on for second time after getting a regeneration done back in early dec. According to garage it is my style of driving.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post