New Tucson GPF light on

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Parksy1977

Post by Parksy1977 »

Well the story continues :D

Went to the dealer today and told them it needed an ECU update, they told me there wasn't one available for my car!

Turns out Hyundai have pulled the 20th Feb update as of yesterday and are working on another update!

All they could do for me was regen it and tell me it will most likely come back and that hopegully the update is released before this happens

The Bulletin number in case anyone has any issues with trying to get charged for a regen by a dealer is HFE2214E381NC4E

midi

Post by midi »

Just gotmy Tucson back after a re gen the dealer was going to charge when I told them it was covered by the warranty they said ok. when I collected the car they said if it happens again there will be a charge on instruction from area manager said they had installed a update to stop it recurring but have to drive on motorway every month any info will be appreciated Midi
XADE

Post by XADE »

midi wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 5:17 pm Just gotmy Tucson back after a re gen the dealer was going to charge when I told them it was covered by the warranty they said ok. when I collected the car they said if it happens again there will be a charge on instruction from area manager said they had installed a update to stop it recurring but have to drive on motorway every month any info will be appreciated Midi
Just don't listen to them, it is covered according to my dealer. They claim is back from Hyundai as per any other warranty work. They are likely saying because there's a "fix" it's driver error.

You should probably give any car a run once a month though anyway.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
midi

Post by midi »

Thanks Xade
Nashy

Post by Nashy »

After 16,500 miles i've still been lucky to not have had this issue
TUCSON, PHEV Ultimate in Black
Ordered 21/02/2022
Arrived Tilbury Docks 06/09/2022
Arrived Dealers 19/10/2022
Delivered 07/11/2022 had 8 miles on clock
Deleted User 487

Post by Deleted User 487 »

Seems to effect non HEV/PHEV cars only.
old man

Post by old man »

richarde wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 8:34 am Seems to effect non HEV/PHEV cars only.
I believe I saw a post elsewhere, that a HEV was affected.
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto
midi

Post by midi »

( MIDI ) Sent a email to Hyundai so I can show the answer to dealer when they reply
XADE

Post by XADE »

This has just reappeared on mine after about 6 months. I have had to do a bunch of short 1mile journeys to school and back in the last few weeks after having the dreaded covid.

Either there was no fix/update last time or I just missed the cut for it.

Absolutely typical it happens 4 days before I go away on holiday for a week where I need the car.

Will be trying every dealer locally tomorrow to get them to spend 30mins fixing it again. Urgh.

EDIT: Update on the update, they still haven't received any sort of update from Hyundai.
XADE

Post by XADE »

If it helps someone else..

I managed to clear the gpf issue warning today in about 30mins with 50-70mph engine braking. Very surprised as I tried doing this 6months ago and had to resort to booking it into the dealer. Hills helped a lot rather than the flatter motorway.

There's hope, although it probably just confirms how random this issue can be.

Have ordered an OBD2 adapter to see if I can read the levels of the sensors on the GPF/PPF filter.

Baring in mind I absolutely had to sort this as I go away on Saturday, it would have driven me mad with worry. I could not book it in with around 10 dealership's before Saturday. Most were aware of the issue, most are also on 1-2 waits for bookings.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post