New owners hello

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

Indalo wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:50 pm
pharaoh wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 4:03 pm I begin the in car process before a 15 minute drive to the supermarket. At the supermarket I switch off the car and do the shopping. Drive back home after that and the process continues and by the time I reach home the process is either complete, or all but.
Correct me if I’m wrong but doesn’t it warn in the notes that the engine should not be allowed to stop and start during the progress of the installation? There is provision to perform the installation with the engine switched off, however.

You must be one of those rare males that reads instructions. :D
You may be right, but I'm just stating how I did it, which worked for me as it has in a previous make of car I owned with no ill effects.
Instructions such as you mention, I believe are put in place to prevent too much battery drain.

jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Yes and probably those instructions were copy/pasted from older manuals with no thought to how this car might differ.
There is another bit where it warns you not too sit in neutral with your hybrid vehicle turned on as it won't be able to charge the battery. That advice makes no sense for the drive train in the Tucson but is valid for other types of hybrid with e-CVT.
And somebody else has found a bit where it warns you not to operate more than one power window at the same time as it might burn out the fuse. Which is also rubbish because you can do that by design from the key fob.
daz2412

Post by daz2412 »

Hi everyone, just thought id say hello as I’ve recently bought a 2017 Tucson SE with only 24000 miles on the clock! Lovely car to drive as id expect as my other car is a Kia Ceed 3 which i also love.
My other car is. Kia Ceed 3

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post