REVERSE TRIGGER WIRE FOR REVERSE CAMERA

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
DTY13

Post by DTY13 »

Hello all,

I have recently bought and installed a Sony after market head unit into my 2017 Tucson. I have wired it up, but I am stuck on one last wire which is the reverse trigger wire that triggers the factory reverse camera to come on when I go into reverse.

I am using a connects2 wiring harness for the stereo and reverse camera retention lead.

The factory installed head unit would automatically fire up the camera on screen when I put the car into reverse so there must be a lead around the back of the head unit which triggers this but I just can't figure out which one.

Han anyone here installed an after market head unit and got the factory reverse camera working properly?

I have seen posts mentioning that I can tap into the reverse light wire but I think using the trigger wire behind the head unit would be far easier to tap into.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks very much

EJH

Post by EJH »

Going back to my 2008 Santa fe, I fitted an aftermarket head unit and, as you mentioned took the reverse feed from the reversing light. It worked perfectly.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
DTY13

Post by DTY13 »

Thanks and yes, that seems to be a solution that works but I have seen on other forums about using one of the wires behind the head unit as that is a reverse trigger lead but the comments have been from American forums so have slightly different loom colours. If it comes to it then I will use the light feed but rather not mess about with all that if I don't have to 😊
Davis63

Post by Davis63 »

DTY13 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 7:53 pm Hello all,

I have recently bought and installed a Sony after market head unit into my 2017 Tucson. I have wired it up, but I am stuck on one last wire which is the reverse trigger wire that triggers the factory reverse camera to come on when I go into reverse.

I am using a connects2 wiring harness for the stereo and reverse camera retention lead.

The factory installed head unit would automatically fire up the camera on screen when I put the car into reverse so there must be a lead around the back of the head unit which triggers this but I just can't figure out which one.

Han anyone here installed an after market head unit and got the factory reverse camera working properly?

I have seen posts mentioning that I can tap into the reverse light wire but I think using the trigger wire behind the head unit would be far easier to tap into.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks very much
this may help, it is also possible that you need to set the right polarity in the head unit but there must be a cable in the existing connector that goes live when you choose reverse, if you have a multi meter you can check.

https://www.hyundai-forums.com/threads/ ... ll.223985/
2024 Premium PHEV-Shimmering Silver
DTY13

Post by DTY13 »

Thanks for that :-)

I did check some wires but I think I need to go back and double check as I couldn't find the right one before ;-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post