Digital Key

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

I often use my phone to lock and unlock my car but can I use it to start the engine?

2022 Tucson Ultimate Plug in with Tech Pk

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

paddyt0 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:56 pmI often use my phone to lock and unlock my car but can I use it to start the engine?
Do you mean that you are utilising ‘Bluelink’ for that purpose?

Although I have tested locking and unlocking via my phone as well as transferring the occasional destination to the satnav from my laptop while seated in my front room, I haven’t attempted to start the vehicle using ‘Bluelink’ Why would I?
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
paddyt0

Post by paddyt0 »

I read that some Hyundais have the capability to unlock the car by holding the handset next to the door and then placing it on the charger pad and pressing the Start button works
Would love to be able to leave the keys at home occasionally
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

paddyt0 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:05 pm I read that some Hyundais have the capability to unlock the car by holding the handset next to the door and then placing it on the charger pad and pressing the Start button works
Would love to be able to leave the keys at home occasionally
That's an option on the new Kona model. Be interesting to see if the upcoming Tucson facelift includes this feature.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Last edited by XADE on Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

XADE wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:34 pmNo available here.
.......and not applicable to Apple iPhones either for the time being at least.

Having been on the road for over 60 years, I’m not sure that there would be any benefits for me in having a digital key with its magical powers.🙄
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Indalo wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:13 am
XADE wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:34 pmNo available here.
.......and not applicable to Apple iPhones either for the time being at least.

Having been on the road for over 60 years, I’m not sure that there would be any benefits for me in having a digital key with its magical powers.🙄
It's a shame it's not an option for the more tech savvy though. I don't carry a wallet any more, and I'd happily give up a clunky car key.
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

I'm all for a tech option but I have a whole bunch of keys attached to my fob so even if my phone could open the car I still need to carry my keys (at least until physical keys become obsolete!) so may as well carry the fob.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

DotDotDotDot wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:21 pmI still need to carry my keys (at least until physical keys become obsolete!) so may as well carry the fob.
Likewise!

I need to carry a few keys with me and having them attached to the key fob is convenient as it keeps all my keys together. Moreover, with reference to the point by ‘XADE’ about not carrying a wallet, I downsized my wallet last year as it was so fat with all the various cards and essential permissions such as driving licence, bus pass, railcard, EHIC, CUBG. Costco, U3A, etc.......plus, 3 or 4 ponies, in case the card payment system breaks down.

In total, there are 11 cards in my wallet, yet the whole thing has a periphery little bigger than a credit card and is half the thickness of my previous wallet. As I have always had car keys in my possession since I first owned my own car, I don’t really find it much of an encumbrance.
XADE

Post by XADE »

The less of any keys and cards the better. I use about 10 debit/credit/store/rewards cards all from my mobile (Google wallet), much more convenient.

I am yet to look into smart locks for my 'smart home' but it's definitely on the to do list.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post