2019 Tucson Air Filter Box Housing Shaking/Knocking

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Siggles

Post by Siggles »

Hi, has anyone had this issue?

When starting the car I would hear a knocking and also when changing gear, always before releasing the clutch. Thought at first it might be the exhaust but realised that it was the Air Filter Box Housing moving freely and knocking on the engine. If I got someone else to start the car, and I held it, for example, there was no noise.

Anyway, a mechanic tells me it is likely the grommet that it sits on underneath. I'm trying to find out if it is a difficult fix. What parts I need and how to fix it.

Thanks

Siggles

Davis63

Post by Davis63 »

might be an idea to take the top cover off and remove the air filter and se if there are some loose clips or screws that should hold it in place, I am not absolutely sure but most airboxes are held in place by some sort of fixing and that might be a quick fix.
2024 Premium PHEV-Shimmering Silver
Siggles

Post by Siggles »

Turns out the air filter housing has three things underneath. One of them at the back is pointed and slots in to a bracket. That bracket should have a rubber grommet in it. It's that what is missing. I have ordered one (£6). In the meantime Ive used some other cushioning and it has stopped banging :-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post