Please identify your exact model

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

As this forum is specifically about life with the Tucson model, it would be very helpful if everyone posting to forum pages were to specify exactly which model within the range that they are posting about.

In particular, I would draw attention to the issue of PPF problems as it seems that some models are far more prone to the blocked filter warning light illuminating than others.

Anyone reading about the Tucson with a view to perhaps purchasing one could be deterred if they imagine that all Tucson’s suffer that particular issue, while that may well not be the case. By extension, other problems that afflict some Tucson models could be narrowed down if it became clear that it was only one or two models in the range.

Sadly, it doesn’t take much to deter prospective buyers if word gets around that Hyundai Tucsons make a bad buy as they are plagued by problems, even though many owners never suffer any of the problems reported in these pages.

Such a syndrome isn’t unique to Hyundai or even Hyundai/KIA; it affects a great many car brands to one degree or another.

When I ask that forum members include their specific model details in their posts, I don’t mean the colour, whether or not it came equipped with floor mats or a boot liner, etc. Just sufficient information to allow readers to understand, for example, whether the car has electronic tailgate opening, rather than having do it manually....that sort of thing. In terms of the current model, the range is considerably diverse with manual gearboxes, 7-speed DCT, or an automatic transmission that seems to work by magic🤷. Besides the type of transmission, there are several different power outputs, model dependent, plus an option for 4WD on some. All models, however, share the same basic 1.6 litre petrol lump under the bonnet.

In my case, 'HEV' identifies my Tucson accurately enough in terms of the mechanicals; the trim level means a difference in the number of gadgets and gizmos, while clearly describing a model that is not MHEV, PHEV or a straightforward petrol i/c engined car. All too often, when I read posts, I find myself wondering which Tucson model the OP refers to.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

EJH

Post by EJH »

I think using the signature field for full model details are a blessing. Follows you around whenever you post.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

That's what I do too
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Beards

Post by Beards »

And SNAP….. Totally agree.👍
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Lawman

Post by Lawman »

EJH stated "I think using the signature field for full model details are a blessing. Follows you around whenever you post."

How do you actually create a signature?

Thanks Norman
2022 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) 230ps Ultimate: UK
Dark Knight Moss Grey interior.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Lawman wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 2:59 pmHow do you actually create a signature?
Hi ‘Lawman’.

Click on your username in top right corner.

Click on User Control Panel.

Click the heading ‘Profile’

Then click on ‘Edit Signature’

Hope I remembered that correctly!🤔
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Wersi

Post by Wersi »

Test to make sure Ive put my signature correct.
Tucson N-Line Hybrid 230
Shimmering Silver
Bought new on 31/3/23

UK
EJH

Post by EJH »

Spot on Wersi
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

Just letting you know that I have not had any problems with the PPF and I don’t think that it affects the PHEV models
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Wersi wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 5:09 pmTest to make sure Ive put my signature correct.
👍

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post