What will you replace your Tucson with ?

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

pharaoh wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 11:59 am Without actually saying it in my original thread "Is there another car out there with similar or better attributes than my current N Line S HEV Tucson at a similar pricepoint, that could persuade me to trade in the Tucson ?"
In terms of specification list and engine bhp at least for the HEV, then perhaps only the Sportage. It's a nice car and apparently outsells the Tucson but .... styling wise it just doesn't do for me. Nothing matches the Tucson for styling .. sure it's not everyone's cup of tea (in particular the guy from carwow) but I like it and it dares to be different. The interior of the Tucson will surpass the sportage when the facelift comes along although again its personal preference. I have no problem with the current interior but the facelift has taken it a step further particularly if we get all the spec options that the Korean models seem to have. I may try speccing a Lexus NX (my 2nd favourite car) to see how much a matching spec car would be just outta interest.

pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

may try speccing a Lexus NX (my 2nd favourite car) to see how much a matching spec car would be just outta interest.
An interesting exercise, let us know the results if you do it.
Another good thing about the Tucson, for me at least, was the fact there were no lists of costly extras to choose from.
Deleted User 1711

pharaoh wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:45 pm
may try speccing a Lexus NX (my 2nd favourite car) to see how much a matching spec car would be just outta interest.
Another good thing about the Tucson, for me at least, was the fact there were no lists of costly extras to choose from.
Difficult to get an exact spec so I did the base model (not a spec match for Tucson) and the Tacuma model. Tacuma has big spec so like Tucson with Tech pack but it has HUD and a gazillion speaker Mark Levinson sound system and a few other bits. It has a sunroof rather than pano roof.
Retail Prices below:
NX350h base model with metallic paint: £45200
Tacuma model with metallic.... are you ready ..... £60255 !!
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

DotDotDotDot wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 6:08 pm
pharaoh wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:45 pm
Difficult to get an exact spec so I did the base model (not a spec match for Tucson) and the Tacuma model. Tacuma has big spec so like Tucson with Tech pack but it has HUD and a gazillion speaker Mark Levinson sound system and a few other bits. It has a sunroof rather than pano roof.
Retail Prices below:
NX350h base model with metallic paint: £45200
Tacuma model with metallic.... are you ready ..... £60255 !!
Thankyou for that. Might be able to swing the lower figure past my wife, but the higher one would mean divorce, which is even more expensive !!
In fact, I'd struggle to make an argument for any large expenditure because she likes the Tucson. She has a point :D .
Deleted User 1711

Outta interest again I got a Carwow quote for a Nissan Qashqai Techna ePower. 190bhp with similar 0-60 time as Tucson. Spec wise it appears to be very close to the Tucson with added stuff like HUD and surround camera. Luggage capacity is alot less than Tucson, 486 litres compared to 616 of HEV model. These cars have a 1.5litre petrol engine that charges an electric motor/ battery combo that actually powers the car. The engine has no direct link to the wheels and is purely for electric generation. So it's not like a traditional Hybrid.

List Price: £39210...
PCP Finance Discounted Price:£35314 plus a further Nissan deposit contribution of £2150. That's a £6k saving over list.

Cash Price: £34814.

Residual value over 4 years with 10000 per year is circa £18k which means if you are financing it and you put down a £10k deposit its £214 per month.

I'm sure other deals will be available from brokers but this is pickup from main dealer etc etc so you have potential further negotiation on mats/fuel etc etc. Apparently there are stock cars available.

Saying all this, its still not on my list of cars. This is just an exercise in trying to get a similarly specification car for a similar price that you can seemingly get from stock.
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

Apologies for the long hiatus, I've been abroad on holiday.
Whilst there I saw the aforementioned Mazda CX60 with UK plates on it. I thought it rather nice and my wife made favourable murmurings, but I think that was more due to the Mazda red colour we see so much of lately. Not for me though I think as the drivetrains don't suit me, plus I read that there's not much to be gained over the CX5. Now that's a car I've liked since its introduction , but their petrol engines are now underpowered and I don't want diesel (which have proven troublesome over the years).

Whilst away. I twice saw a car that was new to me. Unfortunately it was moving so I couldn't get a good look, but it was a LINK & Co. from China. Very strange name but the looks caught my eye.
Apparently available over here later this year, but it seems that their proposed selling or renting plans are alien to me and getting a test drive in one would appear to be hard or non existent, especially if you don't live near London. I might have all that wrong as I only did a brief search. Smaller than the Tucson I think.

Like the look of the Renault Austral in pics, but a report I read states that the auto box does not work well.
joolstdi

Post by joolstdi »

I have a year left on my lease and I’m going to get a cupra Ateca 2.0 petrol 4 wheel drive 300 bhp and the same running gear as the golf R
Tucson Ultimate PHEV Auto + Teck Pack
Ordered Jan 2022
Delivered June 2022
maurice28

Post by maurice28 »

I lease my Tucson but I'm going to be handing it back early and swapping it for a Skoda Enyaq, a full EV. The Skoda will be a company car so the tax I'll pay is a lot less than what I pay for the Tucson and an even bigger saving on any other replacement I could find when pricing things up.

If I were sticking with an ICE car though, I was looking at similar size SUVs (a Skoda Karoq, a Mazda CX5, a Ford Kuga, a Sportage of course) but also estates. I was planning on getting an estate (a Kia Ceed SW) before I got the Tucson but it kept getting delayed and delayed and the Tucson was available. So I was considering an Octavia estate or a Kia ProCeed estate before finally deciding to go EV.
DrElectron

Post by DrElectron »

Went to look at the BYD showroom last weekend as was really impressed with the Atto3.
Build quality was surprisingly good so i think right now that would be near the top of my list.
Last edited by DrElectron on Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My first and certainly last Hyundai: 2022 Tucson Phev Ultimate
pharaoh

Post by pharaoh »

I'm somewhere toward answering my own question now.
Whilst not available until summer sometime and even then probably not in the model designation I'd go for, if I was swapping cars now it would be for the latest iteration of the Skoda Kodiaq.
I had a 2018 model before and really liked it and considering it's low mileage, I maybe should have kept it. The good thing about it is that it's a known entity to me and I know I'd be as happy with it as I am with the Tucson.
Phoned up my local dealer earlier and they were about as vague and knowledgeable and the Hyundai dealers we read about on this forum.
Probably won't happen, but if the stars align at the right time, then who knows.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post