Spontaneous wave of faults; Unsafe to drive

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

JamieTucsonUlt wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:08 am Car: Tucson 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto Hybrid Estate

Last year as I was driving, a load of sensor failures appeared on the dash:
- Driver Attention Warning System (DAW)
- High Bean Assist System (HBA)
- Speed Limit Warning (SLW)
- Lane Keep Assist (LKA)
- Smart Key System
- Blind Spot Assist
Plus another 4/5 systems.

During this time the indicators (Hazards still worked), windscreen wipers and other essential elements failed to work. After driving home using arm signals (!), I left the car overnight and then problem was gone.

Last night it happened again while driving, I continued to drive and 15 minutes later the faults slowly corrected themselves.

The first time it was a very sunny and clear day, last night was typical UK miserable weather.

Has this happened to anyone else? What do you think the issue could be? Faulty fuse? Something shorting the system?
I find it mental that these systems cause the indicators to not function. Both times I was on dual carriageway/Motorway. Puts me in a very unsafe position.

I tried googling the problem and found an American Tucson Forum site which had a similar post. They took their car into the dealership but they couldn't replicate the problem and therefore couldn't diagnose the problem.
The car has some diagnostics via the infotainment system. Have you tried running that when the faults are occurring. The diagnostic supposedly shows fault codes should it find anything. I've tried it,but my car had no faults.

20221110_100747.jpg

Philr

Post by Philr »

A lot, if not all of that stuff is on Bluelink isn't it?
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
xtrailman

Post by xtrailman »

It wouldn't hurt to fit a voltage meter into the cars power socket assuming you can see it, I have one in all my cars every since I had battery problems in a Mazda CX5.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post