Knocking from the back end

Faults and Technical chat for the Hyundai Tucson
David3

Post by David3 »

Hi, the wife has just come home says when she goes around a roundabout or a tight right hand corner there is a knocking from the back end similar to what our old Santa Fe used to do when a drop link had gone but this isn't 5 months old yet,
Any ideas anyone? It will have to be booked in on Monday
Thanks

David
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next yearπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Have you checked there's nothing in the boot and under the boot cover?

Also, I've found that sound echoes oddly in the car and something in a door pocket can sound like it's coming from a different place.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Polar bear

Post by Polar bear »

I’m sure it’s not this, but yesterday I had a loud knocking from the back and it was the rear seat passenger, central seatbelt in the overhead lining which was not secured in its holster.
David3

Post by David3 »

Thanks for the replys, she only told me last night apparently it's been doing for the last week for so🀦 I hardly ever drive the car and she's back at work today and tomorrow so at some point I'll try to get to drive it and check around for anything rolling around
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next yearπŸ™ˆπŸ˜‚
WMiller

Post by WMiller »

I had a similar thing when going round slow corners or manoeuvring. It turned out to be the sub-woofer in the boot that was loose and banging around when cornering.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate + Tech Pack in Phantom Black.
David3

Post by David3 »

WMiller wrote: ↑Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:16 pm I had a similar thing when going round slow corners or manoeuvring. It turned out to be the sub-woofer in the boot that was loose and banging around when cornering.
Thanks, it's booked in next week but she says it only happens on long right hand corners so it could be that, I was going to have a look but the whole idea of us buying a new car with 5 years warranty was so I don't have to climb under and over them anymore on my weekends off trying to fixing them ready for Monday πŸ˜‚
David3

Post by David3 »

Finally got to drive this myself today, the knock only seems to happen on long right hand corners and only when you accelerate just one knock then nothing and it doesn't do it every time it does sound like it's from the right hand side, there's nothing inside that's obvious I haven't looked underneath yet but it's booked in next week
David3

Post by David3 »

Just an update, the car went in on Thursday the technician took it for a test drive and said yes there is definitely a knocking from the back so you'll have to book it back in so we can check it out πŸ™ˆ
David3

Post by David3 »

Just watched the technicians video this morning but the sound quality was rubbish (I didn't take the car to the garage so don't know what was done) it sounds like the knocking was something to do with the rear anti roll bar not sure if it was a bush or they replaced the roll bar completely
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

David3 wrote: ↑Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:54 am Just watched the technicians video this morning but the sound quality was rubbish (I didn't take the car to the garage so don't know what was done) it sounds like the knocking was something to do with the rear anti roll bar not sure if it was a bush or they replaced the roll bar completely
Have you had chance to check whether it's resolved the issue ?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post