New owner

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
Djabbt

Post by Djabbt »

Hi, just taken delivery of new 1.6 Tucson Ultima. Immediate previous car was a VW Tiguan SEL diesel, 4motion.

Only driven a few miles so far, initial comments are that there are some great features, also some less so. So far it seems I can get more information about how features work from you tube videos than the 650 page bible supplied.

XADE

Post by XADE »

Never even touched the manual, but found tons of info on here. Welcome!
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
GrumpyDad

Post by GrumpyDad »

Hi Djabbt,

The owner's manual could definitely do with a revision. There is a lot of useful information in there, and important warnings about how some of the safety sensors are going to mis-report in real life usage (yes car, I can see the car parked in the driveway on that corner, and no I'm not planning on ramming it at speed!). That said, there is a fair bit that could be much clearer (I'm not the only person who on first reading thought the manual told you that letting the car auto-disengage the parking brake by starting to drive would damage the clutch, rather than the more accurate continuing to attempt to drive forward/backwards if the auto-disengage failed to operate would damage the clutch). And somebody really needs to sort out the index at the back of the manual, which is frankly next to useless.

But I guess its very much a "Horses for Courses" kind of thing. I miss the days when everything came with a detailed manual, with troubleshooting guides that actually had useful information in them (as opposed to modern day troubleshooting guides which seem to amount to "Check the device is plugged in and turned on, otherwise call the manufacturer"). That said, I head to the old InterWebs to look things up, and sometimes a video is so much more useful than a block of text and a diagram.

Anyway, happy motoring :)
2023 1.6 TGDi 150 Ultimate, manual 2WD in red, with black interior.

Fantastic gadgets and tech, shame about certain "Safety" features...
(Lane Keeping Assistance having to be manually disengaged every start up, I'm looking at you!)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post