Road trip prep

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
hansflw

Post by hansflw »

I'm just preparing for a 5 day road trip across Europe. What do you normally check for? I'm thinking of the usual stuff, eg:
  • tyre pressure
  • fluids (coolant, windscreen etc)
  • lights all working

Anything else that I should check / prep for? Thank you!

Berty

Post by Berty »

You should consider getting European breakdown cover. I have mine with AA(comes free with EU cover in Ireland with every new Hyundai purchase) but not in the UK. You can certainly purchase it.

If you travel in certain countries, especially if you arrive into France, you will need a warning triangle, spare bulb kit(oddly enough even if your car is entirely LED bulbs), safety vests for passengers(must be kept in the passenger compartment not the boot) and you should try to have a first aid kit. In my case I purchased an OEM Hyundai breakdown kit which did include those items(not bulbs) and put it in the boot whilst putting the hi viz jackets in the glovebox.

You can always switch your dash to KMH(I can only speak for the NX4 newer model, not for any other model) in the settings.

I also recommend if you have Hyundai NAV to add your destinations/hotels etc as favourites in your Navigation system. I've had my Tucson since March and have had it in 5 countries so far.

If your car has LED headlights, the manual states you do NOT need beam deflectors, if you have the Halogen project on an SE connect then I cannot speak to that. If you have an older model, not the current NX4 I can also not speak to that and you should consider getting them in advance(not at the port or on the ferry as they're way more expensive).
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post