Help! Electrics gone crazy!

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Willh1975

Post by Willh1975 »

Hi, first time user....we have a one year old Tucson Ultimate plug in hybrid.

We had our one year service last week. It also a very cold spell (by UK standards).

Since the service the Aircon seems to be controlling itself, full blast Aircon, coldest setting, and you can't override it.

Today this morning the radio fixed itself at full volume, you cannot mute it, it somehow is at full volume. None of the touch screen buttons work.
Neither do the manual volume buttons on the steering wheel. Combined with full Aircon the car is undriveable.

I've managed to find a radio station which isn't broadcasting, but that's hardly a fix.

Any suggestions anyone!

EJH

Post by EJH »

Try the reset button in the corner of the media unit
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

I'm having the same sorts of issues, climate controls going all over the place initially but now the radio coming on, touch screens totally unresponsive and it only starts working right after about ten or fifteen minutes. No ideal having full belt Aircon blasting at you in minus 2 conditions. What's concerning me most is if it is getting worse and affecting more systems will it become a safety issue? Booked in to let the dealer look at it but going on other comments and threads it seems to be a fairly common occurance with this model at least which they don't seem to have a fix for.
Willh1975

Post by Willh1975 »

Cheers good to know someone has the same prob.
We managed to switch off all media using the reset button, but obviously now have no sat nav radio etc.
But the aircon condition remains and isn't suitable for my wife who has terminal cancer and can't be in the car at that temperature.
So it's gone back to the dealer, not planning to get another Tucson based on that. Have loved it in general but this is rubbish and yes you do wonder what else could go wrong ...
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Could you tell me if the dealer fix has worked and how long it took please. Mine is booked in next Wednesday and as much as I love the car this has really knocked my confidence in it.
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Spoke to another owner last week and they are having similar problems with the addition of the alarm going off after the windows have all dropped down. That's not very good for so many reasons, he got a notification on the blue link app but had to return to the car to close the windows. Ok if you can but not always practical.
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Gone in today to see if they can fix it, fingers crossed.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Possibly a loose connection somewhere.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Well, Sturgess leicester have had the car for two days now. They inform me that they cannot find a fault with the car and at no time has it performed anything other than perfectly. Very odd as I have had the same issues occurring every day for three weeks, they get it and it's perfect? I did mention that this seemed to be if not common definitely not uncommon with this model both here and worldwide but they claim to have no knowledge of this. Ah well, fingers crossed but confidence definitely dented.
Deadmeatdad

Post by Deadmeatdad »

Well, got in and started it up this morning. Climate control kicked in, temp adjusted itself, air-con kicked in. Set itself to driver only, switched Bluetooth media on and swapped to Fahrenheit from Celsius. I don't think it's fixed somehow.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post