Tucson heaters issue

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
As1000

Post by As1000 »

Hi. My Tucson hybrid 22 takes a very long time for heaters to warm up. I purchased it in December last year and do not remember having this heating issue. Anti freeze level is fine. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Berty

Post by Berty »

This is my first winter with it and the temperatures dropped a lot this week. I have noticed the car and heaters acting differently lately. Yes, it's taking longer to warm up, longer for car to enter EV mode however in the past week my PHEV has been consuming the battery as I sort of expect, and giving me a reasonable consumption but not going into EV mode. So I'm getting somewhere close to a good HEV/EV mode but car doesn't show EV mode.

There was a recent infotainment update. Could be that.

To fully answer/consider your issue I'd need to have the car longer. Picked it up in mid march so temperatures not really low at that point.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Is the point you are making here, that the ICE is cutting in? If so the answer is that the ICE is needed to run the cabin heaters. Unless I really need heat on I use the seat and steering wheel warmer and leave the fan on Lo (to keep the windscreen clear) and the A/C off. That way the ICE rarely cuts in and I run in EV mode all the way.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Another development on this. In the very cold (below zero) weather this last week I found the ICE starting up, presumably to support some systems which need to be kept above zero. The engine was running for the entirety of a 5 mile journey but it was not being used to power the car. So the car was kind of in EV mode with the engine running (and topping up the battery. Very strange?
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post