Tuscon facelift 2024 pics

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
daibill

Post by daibill »

When watching/reading reviews and comparisons between the Sportage and Tucson, the reviewers preferred real buttons and knobs of the Sportage and not the touch versions in the Tucson. Made no odds to me and going back that way seems a backwards step but that's just me.
2022 1.6 Manual Premium Engine Red
Red ones are faster! ;)

Berty

Post by Berty »

Al94 wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:01 pm Very disappointing. Expected more on the exterior but probably better for those keeping the current model. Has anyone seen a photo of the rear, wondered if they have improved the lighting especially reversing lights and indicators. Not a fan of the interior either - looks lower tech if this applies right across the entire range. I'm assuming the rotary controls are a cheaper option. Jury out on the rotary column gear change.
I think people just don't like Haptic type controls anymore. VW failed badly with this putting them on steering wheels for example as having your hands at 10 and 2 was impacting on the buttons. The Tiguan and Seat Taracco had lots of customers complain about the heating controls as well. Some manufacturers go all in like Tesla and some others are pulling away from them.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Davis63

Post by Davis63 »

I was told the dash is more like the New Kona dash with steering wheel column gear stalk.
2024 Premium PHEV-Shimmering Silver
TWPC

Post by TWPC »

Interesting facelift.

When I read the first articles online about it, my initial response was that I prefer the original exterior - the new driving lights look rubbish compared to the old ones - but that the interior would be better, mainly because of the physical controls for the HVAC.

After a closer look at the pics of the dash I've changed my mind. I love the swoopy shapes of the original dash - very characterful and good-looking. In one of the long term reviews (Auto Express?), the journalist mentioned that the chap who designed the interior had previously had the same job at Bentley, and I think this revised dash loses its individuality. The original HVAC controls are not the best - I would prefer dials - but are not a deal-breaker for my wife or me.

Bottom line, there's nothing here to make me want to buy the facelifted version - which is a huge relief since we bought the car outright.

P.S. I prefer the look of the original steering wheel too.
Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Ultimate
Amazon Grey
Al94

Post by Al94 »

TWPC wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:14 pm Interesting facelift.

When I read the first articles online about it, my initial response was that I prefer the original exterior - the new driving lights look rubbish compared to the old ones - but that the interior would be better, mainly because of the physical controls for the HVAC.

After a closer look at the pics of the dash I've changed my mind. I love the swoopy shapes of the original dash - very characterful and good-looking. In one of the long term reviews (Auto Express?), the journalist mentioned that the chap who designed the interior had previously had the same job at Bentley, and I think this revised dash loses its individuality. The original HVAC controls are not the best - I would prefer dials - but are not a deal-breaker for my wife or me.

Bottom line, there's nothing here to make me want to buy the facelifted version - which is a huge relief since we bought the car outright.

P.S. I prefer the look of the original steering wheel too.
Totally agree with you
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Facelifted model? I suppose it’s possible that it might grow on me but frankly, I’m totally underwhelmed right now.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I think most people who own the new model will be happy with what they have.

For me, the filled in centre console was a deal breaker. I HATE (with a vengeance) the cars that look like they forgot the centre console and just bolted in a small tablet to fix the issue. So, the Tucson was a hit - the Sortage was a miss. I also like the current steering wheel controls. I've got the star button set to turn on/off the media so I don't have to touch a screen somewhere else. I have no issue with the AC controls being touch because, to be honest, I set them at 19c and never touch them again. Having real buttons for things like heated seats is much better (not sure what the new one has) than having to delve into menus.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
nje

Post by nje »

Oh dear what a shame, I think it looks awful, although the photo of the interior isn’t the best and it possibly could look better in real life.
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV - Teal with Moss grey interior
Arrived at dealer- 10/10/23
Delivered to me -18/10/23
NewMrP

Post by NewMrP »

The more I look at the pics of the new dash layout the more it reminds me of the wife’s Vauxhall Mokka…….
2023 Ultimate PHEV
Dark Teal
Buster38

Post by Buster38 »

Like it. Always wished my car had a dash like the current all-in-one Sportage and a rotary gear selector as opposed to the drive and reverse buttons (in the wrong order). I also miss the lack of physical buttons. Not liking the revised, larger DLR lights at the front though, prefer the current smaller teardrop lights.
265ps PHEV Ultimate

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post