October Nav/Infotainment unit update

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

I just read on a KIA owners’ site that the October update of the infotainment unit and navigation is available today, November 6th.

Apparently, it provides wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so that will be a big step forward........or something else to go wrong.🙄
Much as I’d like to download it straightaway, I expect to be using the car shortly today and the download time will probably be something of the order of three hours if previous updates are anything to go by.

Actually, it occurs to me that it might be wise to wait a little while before transferring the files from computer to car anyway as, if there are any glitches, the early adopters will be quick to make it known!

This is the page you need if you want to crack on with it regardless: https://update.hyundai.com/EU/E1/Main
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Further to my last about the latest update to the infotainment unit & navigation, I was curious to know which models receive the ‘Premium’ version of the update.

Looking through the list of eligible vehicles, it seems that only the Genesis G80 and Nexo models get that edition. Our Tucsons receive the Standard version, as does most of the rest of the range with just a handful of exceptions.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I don't understand how we can get wireless Android Auto when the car doesn't have wifi. Can someone explain?

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Philr

Post by Philr »

alan sh wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:25 am I don't understand how we can get wireless Android Auto when the car doesn't have wifi. Can someone explain?

Alan
Bluetooth?

That's only a guess as I haven't a clue how AA or Carplay work.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
Proces

Post by Proces »

Hi, I’m new to this forum, I see there is a topic about newest update to standard gen5w. I did an update this morning, Europe version as I’m in UK. No wireless CarPlay, still asking me to connect my phone to usb. I did what was suggested in the update notes, deleted car from phone CarPlay and Bluetooth on my phone, deleted phone from car Bluetooth, no idea how to delete phone from car Apple CarPlay as there is no suck an option. Add new Bluetooth device again to my car, nothing has changed.
Hyundai Tucson 2021 Ultimate HEV
Proces

Post by Proces »

alan sh wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 10:25 am I don't understand how we can get wireless Android Auto when the car doesn't have wifi. Can someone explain?

Alan
When you press and hold voice command button on your steering wheel,in the same time you have open WiFi networks search on your phone, it will show “Starlink” WiFi but its password protected so you can’t connect to it.
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

Proces wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:20 am nothing has changed.
Hi ‘Process’ and welcome to the forum.

Now that I have had breakfast and I’m buzzing with caffeine, I have had another look at the latest update and it appears, if I have it right, that ACP & AA are only available on a different version of the update and not on Standard Gen 5W.

Well, damn and blast! Some owners were probably getting all excited by the news although I’ve been around Hyundai/KIA long enough to remain circumspect when these updates come along with headline stuff that is actually relevant only to certain models but not all. Nonetheless, I was about to perform the update until the installer told me that my Tucson is already up-to-date? I shall check again in case I hit a wrong button somewhere along the way but I’m not at all unhappy at continuing to plug-in my phone when I want access to the Apple CarPlay suite of apps. It isn’t exactly an onerous task!
Berty

Post by Berty »

Proces wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 11:20 am Hi, I’m new to this forum, I see there is a topic about newest update to standard gen5w. I did an update this morning, Europe version as I’m in UK. No wireless CarPlay, still asking me to connect my phone to usb. I did what was suggested in the update notes, deleted car from phone CarPlay and Bluetooth on my phone, deleted phone from car Bluetooth, no idea how to delete phone from car Apple CarPlay as there is no suck an option. Add new Bluetooth device again to my car, nothing has changed.
As did I. I updated it, all went as expected but I didn't see anything change for me. Bluelink app certainly show the newest Infotainment Version as well.

I see a lot of the images have CCnc written above them. Do I not have ccNC is it(connected car navigation console)? My EV screen didn't change, no new sounds of Nature, no wireless capability(even after deleted the connection as requested).

Actually, just updated the car twice, deleted the bluetooth, and even went ahead and pressed the reset button. This time however, upon completion I scanned the QR code that appeared on the screen and the only thing it referred to was "Nearby Filling Stations". Is that likely telling me/us that all we got extra was the option in "Nearby POI" for a button called Nearby filling stations with a refresh button?

I do hae a Carlinkit 5.0 which has otherwise been running quite well. It has though being disconnecting at a specific shopping centre, even driving in front of it recently. I switched over the Wifi channel in the settings and tested it twice since and it doesn't disconnect anymore. I was mostly hoping for the wireless update, wasn't bothered about much else.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
Proces

Post by Proces »

So, as a confirmation, on car display, I clicked settings/general/system info/what’s new/infotainment system update. All it is for my car from this update: nearby offers (doesn’t show anything in my city 😅) auto windows close in a tunnel (already had this in previous update 😅) sounds of nature 3 (wow, just wow)
I think I should refer to this screen in the future as it looks like this one is for specific car, not the overall update that as we all can see is not accurate as it doesn’t state which cars gets what.
Unimatrix

Post by Unimatrix »

Just updated my car there and cannot see any option for wireless android auto.
Still need to use the cable in order for it to work...
2022 Tucson Ultimate Petrol

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post