Taken Deliver of first Hyundai - Tucson Hybrid ultima with Tech Pack

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

Hello,

Recently took delivery of the Tucson my first from this manufacturer, and I can honestly say if you are considering purchasing a Sportage from the competitor DON'T this is a a far superior car to drive.

Anyway, 2 niggling issues have come up and I am hoping someon on the forum can point me in the right direction to get resolved as the dealer is struggling to resolve them.

1. When the ignition is activated in the car i have my Apple Car Play connected and the Radio (from the vehicle) is playing Okm then without warning the radio stops m(ie no Audio) and if i do nothing to the controls, the Radio comes back to life after about 30 secs??? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, please?

2. When using Apply Car play I have the display set up as normal with a split screen including a map and other pieces of info, on my previous Korean model from the competitor i used to have the MAp on the right part of the split screen (closest to the driver) and the other info on the left, and importantly any controls you needed for other Apple Car Play selections were also on the side closest to the driver If you travelled abroad and were in a country that drove on the other side of the road it was my experience that if you used the iPhone Setting and changed the Region/Language you could get the split screen to switch so the Map and other controls were on the left (Closest to the driver). This option does not appear to work on the Tucson or have i missed something????

Looking forward to hearing from the forum on these issues, hopefully, the moderators will not mind me raising two issues within 1 post on my first outing?

Thanks

JohnW

Berty

Post by Berty »

Item 1: Not really sure what might be happening here, I wonder is Apple CarPlay set to "Play when connected" which you can turn off. I have an Android I know Android Auto can disable Autoplay last played Media.

Item 2. In Android Auto for example you can force the display to be Left hand drive or right hand drive. For the Tucson infotainment it is the other way around. I also thought about this recently and I would like to option to change it but alas I don't believe it can be done. I have also taken the car into other countries(other side of the road) and it doesn't change either.

I'm sure the moderators wouldn't mind you asking questions, as remember website traffic is just that, encouraged surely.

Now on to the most important element, you have an Ultimate with Tech Pack, wow I am jealous. A lovely car so enjoy it.
Based in Ireland :mrgreen:
2023 Tucson Executive Plus PHEV
EJH

Post by EJH »

Welcome to the tech pack club.
I'm using android auto so can't help with carplay.
But dig into all the settings on your iPhone as well as bluelink (you can change drivers seat from side to side, that may / may not help).
In my experience, the sales guys are just that, perhaps one of the dealers tech bods can help.
Good luck & happy driving.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:
ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

EJH wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 12:59 pm Welcome to the tech pack club.
I'm using android auto so can't help with carplay.
But dig into all the settings on your iPhone as well as bluelink (you can change drivers seat from side to side, that may / may not help).
In my experience, the sales guys are just that, perhaps one of the dealers tech bods can help.
Good luck & happy driving.
OK, will definitely look at Blue link options....

thanks

JohnW
ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

Looked at Bluelink settings... I couldn't see anything that would allow changing the Driver's Seat from Side to Side

Thanks
JohnW
andrewsmith

Post by andrewsmith »

I think Hyundai prefer you to use their software rather than Apple Play but if you are used to AP I understand the reluctance to switch.

I love the tech pack but no idea why the cameras switch on when in indicate. At least I’ll never surprised by a midget below my wing mirror view.
ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

andrewsmith wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:52 pm
I love the tech pack but no idea why the cameras switch on when indicated. At least I’ll never surprised by a midget below my wing mirror view.
I think the idea behind the feature is so that you can concentrate on looking ahead and still have some notion as to what is "lurking" in the corner shadows..... without looking away...

But as with some features, the marketeers get their views in first..... maybe?

JohnW
ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

OK,

An update -- 1 of my original issues is now resolved, the problem I was having with the Car Play display being oriented as if I was in a Left-hand Drive car .

I have added a couple of images below and hopefully, they will display OK.

But the issue was fixed by using a setting that i had not noticed before, and interestingly nobody in the main dealership knew it existed either.

1. When the iPhone is NOT connected to the car there is an option in Settings called Phone Projections...select this
2. The screen that now appears has another "setting" option available but i had not noticed it before hopefully you can see it in the images
3. When you select this settings option you come to a screen that allows you to select which side the steering whell is on.. and bingo changes the orientation of the screen display.

IMG_0514.jpeg

IMG_0515.jpeg

ejwjohn

Post by ejwjohn »

Ref the 1 st issue i reported back in October, as below
1. When the ignition is activated in the car i have my Apple Car Play connected and the Radio (from the vehicle) is playing Okm then without warning the radio stops m(ie no Audio) and if i do nothing to the controls, the Radio comes back to life after about 30 secs??? Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this, please?
After months of work with the garage, not very helpful... i finally got some joy from Apple who has not finally come back with what the solution will be BUT..

The issue is associated with my Nextbase Dash Camera, as it is configured to communicate with my iPhone it is this device that is causing the issue I can only assume it is trying to initialize a Blue tooth channel with CarPlay, and CarPlay obviously doesn't know what to do with it so goes in "Spinning Beach Ball Mode" and as a result turns of teh car Radio being played via CarPlay... not great so temporarily I have disconnected the Bluetooth setup of the Nextbase within the iPhone and it gets around this annoying issue.

We have another car from Kia which uses the same basic entertainment system as the Tucson and we have a Nextbase Dashcam in that car and this issue has never surfaced so there appears to be something odd about the 622GW which is installed in the Tuscon but Nextbase support is being very very quite at the moment???

Just thought someone would be interested.
EJH

Post by EJH »

I've got the Nextbase 622gwx front & rear cams. Is this unique to iPhone? My Android + Android Auto linkage has had no communication issues even with the same dash cam as you.
Is your 622gw configured to link to the iPhone on ignition start as a constant? Or only as & when you wish to look back on events recorded?
My 622gwx is on in the background and only linked to my Android when I wish to look back at recorded events, this I do by opening a WiFi hotspot directly to the dash cam.
I'm v interested to understand why the nextbase is the culprit in your system.
Hope it all works out anyway.
Ultimate 230 Hybrid+Tech pack, Teal & moss grey
Ordered Mar 26th '22
Collected Nov 2nd 2022
31 weeks 4 days :shock: :roll: :roll:

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post