Frustrating window and lock issues

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
benmoo

Post by benmoo »

Hi all,

I love driving my 2023 tuscon premium it is great! apart from a few niggles.

1. When there is moisture / rain on side windows, you'd think by putting the windows down the seel would assist in removing the moisture (like my previous vauxhall and Ford did). Nope, I have to get a cloth and go around the car wiping the windows.

2. I had the window down, forgot about it and locked the car, checked app, definitely locked but no alert from car or app alerting me to the fact the window was still open. Came back to my car later, yes its still there lol! I spotted I'd left it open.

3. No shopping bag hooks in boot (like my vauxhall and ford had) on first food shop with car, everything was rolling around the boot and when I opened the boot most contents rolled onto the road. Lesson learnt.

4. To de-mist car you have to wrap up extra warm for the journey to keep the window de-mist setting on. There doesn't seem to be an alternative option. I wish it had the electric heated windscreen like the fords have.

5. The seat material creates friction on clothing and holds strands of hair and clothing fibre. Maybe I should have gone for the higher spec car :(

Apart from the above I love the car.

Philr

Post by Philr »

Not sure why you have to keep the demist cold.
I use the same temps as normal and just use the front screen demist button.
With the aircon on it takes no time at all.
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
ray.ward

Post by ray.ward »

benmoo wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:05 pm Hi all,

I love driving my 2023 tuscon premium it is great! apart from a few niggles.

1. When there is moisture / rain on side windows, you'd think by putting the windows down the seel would assist in removing the moisture (like my previous vauxhall and Ford did). Nope, I have to get a cloth and go around the car wiping the windows.
I too have noticed this issue recently

Has anyone used a product like Rain-X or a Hydrophobic Rainguard with any level of success?
2023 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Premium 5dr 2WD Auto - Dark Knight
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Philr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:54 pm Not sure why you have to keep the demist cold.
Some of us with PHEV's avoid using the heater as it turns the engine on when we don't want it.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
Philr

Post by Philr »

ExTyke wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:26 pm
Philr wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:54 pm Not sure why you have to keep the demist cold.
Some of us with PHEV's avoid using the heater as it turns the engine on when we don't want it.
That's the comprise then I guess. Stay cold but only use electrikery to drive the car or keep warm but use the ICE. I know which one I prefer ;-)
Phil

I don't have a carbon footprint because I drive everywhere.

2022 Premium HEV
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Philr wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:49 pm
ExTyke wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:26 pm
That's the comprise then I guess. Stay cold but only use electrikery to drive the car or keep warm but use the ICE. I know which one I prefer ;-)
Actually using the seat and steering wheel heating makes it pretty comfortable without using the ICE. But I'll let you know after the predicted cold spell this weekend whether I stick to that under all conditions!
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post