Bluelink- network error

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
Adecastr

Post by Adecastr »

Hi all,

I have found a solution to my Bluelink App connection issue.
Before anything, do a backup of your User profile settings on the Bluelink App.
Go to "User settings" by selecting the "User profile" and then "User profile backup".

Then in your Tucson infotainment select your profile and remove, delete or reset the profile. *don't remember exactly..
You will get a message saying that if you continue all the profile settings will be gone or something like that.

Once it's done, go to your Bluelink on your smartphone profile and add your car and logon.
Once your are logged on, go to your Tucson infotainment and select the (User 1) there you have to scroll down and select retrieve backup.

I'm now writing this from home, it could be that I may named some of the options wrongly as I'm not in the Tucson.

End result, I did managed to get my profile picture and previous car settings, address's, previous destinations, favorites, address book, etc......back and I can connect to the Tucson via the Bluelink app as before.
Cheers,

António.
Tucson plug-in hybrid, Phantom black color, full options (bought in France).

nje

Post by nje »

Well done, I’m sure that will be helpful to others who might suffer from the same network problem.
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV - Teal with Moss grey interior
Arrived at dealer- 10/10/23
Delivered to me -18/10/23
Adecastr

Post by Adecastr »

Yup, I hope so and that few people will have the same issue as me in the future.....😊
Tucson plug-in hybrid, Phantom black color, full options (bought in France).
pabloRI

Post by pabloRI »

I had the profile picture issue with my Bluelink account, which apparently has resolved finally for me just this week. I would certainly love to have the option of backing up my settings as they have all reset to default twice now (with the outage, and then with one of the updates). Unfortunately I am unable to locate the 'user settings', 'user profile', and 'user profile backup'. I suppose it's possible that country to country the versions are different, there may have been a version update that changed it, etc. Is it possible to get maybe a screenshot of those buttons/selections? I can't find them.
2023 Tuscon NLine Crimson Red (U.S. purchase)
Deleted User 1711

Post by Deleted User 1711 »

pabloRI wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:32 pm I had the profile picture issue with my Bluelink account, which apparently has resolved finally for me just this week. I would certainly love to have the option of backing up my settings as they have all reset to default twice now (with the outage, and then with one of the updates). Unfortunately I am unable to locate the 'user settings', 'user profile', and 'user profile backup'. I suppose it's possible that country to country the versions are different, there may have been a version update that changed it, etc. Is it possible to get maybe a screenshot of those buttons/selections? I can't find them.
Images below using the Bluelink app from an Android Phone. I'm based in UK. If you're missing the menu options click 'Edit home menu' and add it to your main page.

Screenshot_20240223_153625_Bluelink.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_153632_Bluelink.jpg

Screenshot_20240223_153722_Bluelink.jpg

pabloRI

Post by pabloRI »

Thank you for your effort. As I suspected, it is a different version. Apparently here in the U.S. we can't be trusted with options LOL. There is no 'edit home menu' button, and no 'user profile' selection. User profile is limited to photo, phone, primary address, email addy and secondary addresses. Driver profiles brings me to driver settings and no backup option. We break stuff all the time so we can't be trusted with nice things. App version 5.1.9, from January of 24. Again, thanks for trying for me.
2023 Tuscon NLine Crimson Red (U.S. purchase)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post