New Tucson has arrived

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
nje

Post by nje »

Good Afternoon
I ordered my Tucson ultimate back in June and it was delivered to my home this morning.
It seems small compared to my Sorento but I’ll soon get used to it. I had sidesteps and mudflaps fitted before delivery and it looks good. The only thing I really miss though whilst I was driving it today was the Heads up display, I keep having to look down to check the speed, but again I’ll get used to it.
There are three things that I find odd about it.
1. It seems that to close the boot you have to hold the button in until it fully closes instead of just pressing it. Is that normal?
2. Is there a way of setting the near- side mirror to automatically tilt when reverse gear is selected to give a better a view. I’ve looked through the manual but can’t find anything.
3. When I get in the car and start to drive, I have to press “radio” to fire it up. I checked the settings and thought it was set up correctly but I’m still greeted with silence until I press ‘radio’. Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks in advance
2023 Tucson Ultimate PHEV - Teal with Moss grey interior
Arrived at dealer- 10/10/23
Delivered to me -18/10/23

ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

All three of these are as expected. I actually prefer the radio not coming on as I don't always want it and is an improvement on my previous car when it always came on whether I wanted it or not.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
nje

Post by nje »

Extyke, thanks, we are all different though and I would prefer it to just boot up with the ignition.
I’m going to have to read through the forum now because it seems to just stop charging randomly. 34% this morning and 16% just now, very odd
alan sh

Post by alan sh »

Number 3 - there's an option to have the radio come on when you start the engine. It's a setting somewhere

Alan
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
nje

Post by nje »

Alan sh- thanks. I did go through some settings but there’s that many I must of missed it. I’ll take another look later this morning
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

nje wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:22 pm 1. It seems that to close the boot you have to hold the button in
2. Is there a way of setting the near- side mirror to automatically tilt
1) I guess that your ‘Ultimate’ trim will be the same as in my HEV model. Should that be the case, then one short press of the button about head height on the open tailgate fully closes it. There should be a momentary pause at 99% of the way then a quiet click as it closes fully. I think I only used the fob once for that purpose, just to check that it worked, which it did.

On the fob, the word ‘Hold’ means press and hold - the tailgate then opens. Some have been confused, imagining that ‘Hold’ refers to the cargo area and then erroneously find that a short jab on that button fails to open the tailgate.

2) The model is not equipped with indexing mirrors, much to my disappointment, after finding that facility a godsend on my previous car while street parking alongside razor-sharp, slate kerbstones in some tight spaces outside my home.

I have discovered a few gadgets and gizmos which existed in my previous car but are absent on the ‘Ultimate’ trim model. However, there are some useful features which offset the loss of things to which I’d become accustomed so that somewhat balances things. By and large, I find the Tucson a fairly reasonable car although I miss the internal space of my previous estate car, both in the passenger compartment and in the luggage area.

I hope you enjoy your new acquisition and that it serves you well.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
nje

Post by nje »

Indalo- thanks.
Shame about the mirror not tilting but I can live with it. The Tucson seems like quite a decent car. I was going to get the Sportage but I prefer the look of this one.
Opening and closing the tailgate on my Sorento was just a momentary hold down of the button for both actions so I thought it would be the same, seeing how Kia and Hyundai are closely related but again the button does it job if the idiot holding it uses it properly.
I took a look into the settings regarding the radio issue and in setup> general > media settings you just uncheck Radio/media setting off at startup and it cures the problem for me.
Thanks all for your comments

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post