Calling all PHEV owners !

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

Octopus is offering its 'Intelligent' tariff to owners of compatible cars. This is 7.5p/kWh at night for charging (and other night time use). The problem is that they aren't yet offering it for the Tucson PHEV. However when I entered my details on their website it suggested that the more votes the car gets the higher priority it will become for adding to the offer. You don't have to sign up anything (but you can leave an email address to be notified of when you car can use the tariff, if you wish) and only have to enter a postcode.

So even if you don't want to change electricity suppliers it would be a great help to those of us who fancy this if you'd go and take a peak.

https://octopus.energy/smart/intelligent-octopus/
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23

Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Thanks for the post. My wife is expecting her EQA in October so I've switched to Octopus in anticipation of switching to this tariff. I followed the link and I got the same result as you for my Tucson but also for the EQA. I was surprised at this with the latter being full electric. I have an Hypervolt charger, but if I complete the compatibility checker saying I have an Ohme (The brand Octopus recommend) it says both cars are compatible. I don't switch until the 27th so will probably get in touch after this date to see if there are any other options.

Referral lik if interested in signing up, ยฃ50 each https://share.octopus.energy/alive-chick-57 :D
Last edited by Yorkie on Wed Sep 13, 2023 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1.6 TGDi Plug-in Hybrid Ultimate 5dr 4WD Dark Knight Grey
NLineS

Post by NLineS »

I placed me vote a couple of weeks ago during transferring my energy account over. If anyone else is looking to transfer over use this link https://share.octopus.energy/storm-may-577 and we'll both get a ยฃ50 account credit :D
Jasper7

Post by Jasper7 »

Just checked it is listed.

Went through other selection and chose Ohme Home Pro as likely to go with that EV Charger

Screenshot_20230913_133125_Chrome.jpg

XADE

Post by XADE »

Can highly recommend Octopus too. I've been on their Agile (electric) tariff since June, and tracker (gas) since July and saved a ton.

Happily answer any questions too, as I looked into it thoroughly, and there's also an app to track your usage and if its right for you way before you even contact them to switch.

If you do, use this to get ยฃ50 credit as soon as you switch: https://share.octopus.energy/metal-queen-647
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Just seen this.

screenshot-octopus.energy-2023.09.13-14_13_26.png

David3

Post by David3 »

We're already with octopus energy and looking to switch to this when our current contract ends but does anyone know if you have to have one of the 7kw chargers to qualify for this deal? At the moment we're using the standard 13amp charger and tbh for us is more than adequate but if we have to spend the thick end of 1K to have a 7kw charger installed it makes the 7.5ppkw expensive if you get what I mean
Thanks

David
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚
ExTyke

Post by ExTyke »

There's nothing in the terms that says you have to have a 7kW charger so hopefully if the car becomes compatible you should be ok. I use a 7kW charger but limit it to 4kW to avoid blowing the house fuse as I run my appliances at night at the same time as the charger. I hope this won't upset eligibilty either.
Ultimate PHEV in Dark Knight

Ordered 6th Aug 2022
Arrived Tilbury 6th June 23
Collected by me :D 18 June 23
David3

Post by David3 »

ExTyke wrote: โ†‘Sun Sep 17, 2023 5:24 pm There's nothing in the terms that says you have to have a 7kW charger so hopefully if the car becomes compatible you should be ok. I use a 7kW charger but limit it to 4kW to avoid blowing the house fuse as I run my appliances at night at the same time as the charger. I hope this won't upset eligibilty either.
Thanks, I think we have around another month left of our original contract so I'll post back here and let everyone know the outcome
Tucson ultimate plug-in with tech pack in Dark Knight grey pearl, not our first colour choice but it was available straight away instead of waiting till next year๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚
Yorkie

Post by Yorkie »

Did anyone sign up to an EV friendly tariff? I'm due to switch either today or tomorrow. I could only get Octopus Go which has a smaller window of 4 hours cheap electricity.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post