Not everyone is a fan of electrification!

The place to discuss everything else..
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.

Beards

Post by Beards »

Sole reason why I will not buy an all electric.
Tucson PHEV Ultimate + Tech Pack. Amazon Grey/Moss Grey
Ordered: 10 May 2022
Estimated Delivery: Oct/Nov/Dec/Jan/Feb 2022/23
Dealers: 28 Feb 2023
Pick up: 08 Mar 2023
Refused: 08 Mar 2023
New Order: 08 Mar 2023
Picked up: 18 Jan 2024
Oreo22

Post by Oreo22 »

Why did you refuse the car out of interest?
I ordered mine 1st July 2022 sunset red moss grey intetior it arrived 02 July 2023 took a year, its an ultimate but no floor mats (same first car that never come with floor mats) did get 20 litre of petrol and 100% charge battery.
(Had rav4 hybrid awd current shape before hyundia)
Beards

Post by Beards »

Oreo22 wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 10:40 pm Why did you refuse the car out of interest?
I ordered mine 1st July 2022 sunset red moss grey intetior it arrived 02 July 2023 took a year, its an ultimate but no floor mats (same first car that never come with floor mats) did get 20 litre of petrol and 100% charge battery.
(Had rav4 hybrid awd current shape before hyundia)
For a detailed reason why I refused just have a look at some of my posts from March this year.
However, in summery:- I refused because the car delivered (after a 9 month wait) was not the car on my order. Even the dealer missed checking it. I turned up… they were smiling…. I noticed the error….. Their smiles rapidly vanished.
Moss Grey ordered… Black delivered.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Indalo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:18 pm [img][/imghttps://www.facebook.com/reel/235301599395494
The network is sparse in areas, but plan ahead and have an alternative.

These videos are complete cringe as well, you just look like an idiot.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Beards

Post by Beards »

XADE wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:51 am
Indalo wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:18 pm [img][/imghttps://www.facebook.com/reel/235301599395494

Spare is an understatement. Try finding a charge point in the Pennines or other areas of low dense population.
Which means if you travel through these areas you MUST ensure you have a good charge to take you across the area. This begs the question… Why? It is far far less available than standard fossil fuel filling stations.
Even if you are lucky enough to get to a charging point around the Pennines, most are located in either car parks or camp sites… You then have to first pay high parking charges (tourist season) and camp site fees before using the charging station.
Genuine question XADE… what would be my alternative?

Cringe videos….. Yes but I also see frustration.
XADE

Post by XADE »

Beards wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:35 am
XADE wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:51 am

Spare is an understatement. Try finding a charge point in the Pennines or other areas of low dense population.
Which means if you travel through these areas you MUST ensure you have a good charge to take you across the area. This begs the question… Why? It is far far less available than standard fossil fuel filling stations.
Even if you are lucky enough to get to a charging point around the Pennines, most are located in either car parks or camp sites… You then have to first pay high parking charges (tourist season) and camp site fees before using the charging station.
Genuine question XADE… what would be my alternative?

Cringe videos….. Yes but I also see frustration.
I agree to a point, it's what has stopped me getting an EV this time around, although waiting times a year ago even for a new hybrid/PHEV were obscene too.

I would absolutely have my own home charging option, but an alternative for me would be finding at least 3-4 charge points I could use within a suitable range. Not be letting a car with 250miles range(?) get low enough to get into a serious issue. Finding alternatives using the Zap-map application that shows nearby chargepoints.

Maybe not even taking the trip!

Hopefully in a couple of years both range and availability of charge points will have improved.
2022 Ultimate - Phantom Black
Oreo22

Post by Oreo22 »

There was no issue finding public charger in the pennines found over 11 site. Yes some where on car parks but if you read the small print you did not have to pay for parking whilst charging as parking fee is included in charging cost.

(Ref face book man) let's address the big ev elephant. Its a city car with a small 43kw battery it not designed for long distance road travel . Whe use a kona 64kw, which happy give 300 miles all day long. People really do need to do there home work when buying ev cars. Buying a city ev will not cut it currently there is no car in the stellantis vauxhall peugeot citroen range that would make a good family car for long distance travel. Don't get me wrong car s8ze and comfort are great but battery packs and motors are no good. Anything below 60kw usable is a waste of money if you drive long distance or use your car for family driving holidays the stellantis evs are great city and commuter cars. Even the astra and c4x ev are not good enough for long distance.
So before people starting to complaining about evs maybe people need to look at themselves for not doing there homework.
roadster

Post by roadster »

From a longer term perspective the big risk for electric vehicles is that the technology will be superseded in ten to twenty years time as hydrogen or something similar is adopted. If there is a huge investment made in electric charging services and distribution at the scale needed for fast charging it could be redundant almost before it is finished.

A more rational strategy would be to concentrate electric power sourcing and distribution improvements on meeting domestic and industrial demand and continue to evolve efficiency of hybrid vehicles until alternative fuels are available which can be supplied via relatively small changes to existing petrol and diesel distribution.

But when politics and pressure groups are involved rationality goes out of the window!
Tucson PHEV Premium
Beards

Post by Beards »

Oreo22 wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:48 pm There was no issue finding public charger in the pennines found over 11 site. Yes some were on car parks but if you read the small print you did not have to pay for parking whilst charging as parking fee is included in charging cost.
I did say most are located in car parks and camp sites but for remote villages we have a strong dislike in having to go to a camp site or drive maybe 30 miles to a car park where we know the fee’s have gone up during tourist season; which ultimately means you do have to pay parking charges because it is included in the cost of the charge….. It’s a rip off.