phone connection

The place to discuss everything else..
TOM-MATO

Post by TOM-MATO »

hiya i have 2.0 crdi 4x4 2017 my phone connection aint good,,,,sort of breaks up all the time and very low volume.......any one suffered same and found a cure ? :D .thanks all

Indalo

Post by Indalo »

TOM-MATO wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:52 pm my phone connection aint good
Welcome to the forum, 'TOM-MATO’.

First of all, you need to discover whether the problem is with the car or with your phone. If you are able to beg or borrow a different phone, you might then be able to eliminate one or the other.

Over recent years, I have kept a data cable permanently plugged into the USB port of both my previous car and with my newly-acquired Tucson. That means that I don’t wear out the connection port in the infotainment unit which would be far more costly to fix than the port on my iPhone X.

Whether you refer to the Wi-Fi connection or Bluetooth, I can’t be sure but if it’s the latter, then you could try deleting the bluetooth link completely and re-making it to see if that works. More likely, however, it is the plug-in, Wi-Fi connection that is the problem and the first part that I would wish to eliminate is the actual cable - try a known ‘good’ cable and see if that makes any difference. In a worst-case scenario, given that it is a 6-year old car, you might wish to locate an auto electrician who may be able to put things right at some cost but almost certainly cheaper than your local Hyundai dealer. Whether or not the matter could be construed as a warranty issue is difficult to determine for several reasons but identifying the source of the problem is the immediate issue.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

TOM-MATO wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:52 pm hiya i have 2.0 crdi 4x4 2017 my phone connection aint good,,,,sort of breaks up all the time and very low volume.......any one suffered same and found a cure ? :D .thanks all
You could try a software update for the infotainment system if your car is not on the latest update and one is available on hyundais update website.

Alternatively as yours is a 2017, you may be able to use wired Apple Carplay/Android Auto. Plug in your phone with a USB cable, give it that a try and see if it's any better.
TOM-MATO

Post by TOM-MATO »

thanks for the replys....still no luck with either suggestions.tried other phones etc..the sound just breaks up all the time and very low volume.......i see others have had same problem but dont think any one come up with a solution.heard microphone mentioned a few times but the caller on the other end is experiancing the same issues when im on a call .oh well theres always a brick wall to bang my head against i guess :)
Indalo

Post by Indalo »

TOM-MATO wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:30 pm i see others have had same problem but dont think any one come up with a solution.
What you have described would be intolerable for me so, unaware of any possible remedies you may have tried, I have two no-cost things you could try before taking the matter further.

(1) If there is a fuse switch in the internal fusebox of the car, you could try switching it off for 20-30 minutes before resetting the switch. While it may not help solve your problem, it has been known to ‘cure’ several electronic glitches and I can attest to its effectiveness on both my previous Optima and on a Rover 75 connoisseur when the teletext on the TV played up.

(2) If there is a concealed reset facility on the infotainment unit, you could try that. There was one on my Optima and there is also one on my Tucson.

Beyond that, a dedicated auto electrician should be able to diagnose the cause and provide a remedy. The trouble is, most of that breed are not to be found in garages these days as they earn their crust installing and maintaining dash cams, trackers, alarm systems and satnav provision on motorhomes. They usually inhabit premises on modern business parks/industrial estates and may advertise in the local press. Some independent garages call on such guys for help when their limited knowledge of of electrickery fails to fix a problem. You would need to ask around in your area but there is probably someone who could find the time to diagnose and fix your issue.
2023 Tucson Hybrid (HEV) Ultimate; ordered 12/05/23 - collected from dealership 07/06/23.
TOM-MATO

Post by TOM-MATO »

tried both but nothing changed.....grrrrrrrrr im an ex mechanic and this car is giving problems ive never come across before which makes it even more frustrating

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post