Coolant recall change

All Hyundai Tucson related discussions
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

My HEV has just had its second service all went well everything as it should be.

Apart from a recall for a Coolant system flush and fluid replacement, I was informed the original fluid had been found to deteriorate over time and not do what it should.
I was given an Owners Manual Supplement as well, on the front cover it says, "TUCSON Hybrid" "TUCSON Plug-in hybrid" so only affects those models with EV.

Anyone else had this done ?

Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

NoTwOld wrote: Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:54 pm My HEV has just had its second service all went well everything as it should be.

Apart from a recall for a Coolant system flush and fluid replacement, I was informed the original fluid had been found to deteriorate over time and not do what it should.
I was given an Owners Manual Supplement as well, on the front cover it says, "TUCSON Hybrid" "TUCSON Plug-in hybrid" so only affects those models with EV.

Anyone else had this done ?
I read about a coolant issue a while back but thought it was limited to the US models. Something about replacing green/blue coolant with pink. When I read it I went out and checked my car. When I saw it was pink I just assumed the UK cars had the correct fluid. Sounds like that may not be the case. My second service isn't due for a while and assuming this is not going to be a recall, I'm now a little worried having dodgy coolant in my car. Think I'll call the dealer and enquire as to whether its all models and/or my car will require this. If it does, I'm not gonna wait for second service. I intend to keep this car for a while so I don't want damage caused by potential bad coolant.
Jacobschi

Post by Jacobschi »

Had my 2nd service today and coolant recall change, however I have just noticed a charge for anti-freeze, labels and leaflet!!! £14.84. Anyone else been charged?
NoTwOld

Post by NoTwOld »

I have a service plan for my car so didn't get any charge regarding recall.
bikesteve44

Post by bikesteve44 »

my tucson (2021 hybrid) keeps getting the warning "CHECK INVERTER COOLANT LEVEL" have checked and is on max phoned my dealer and told them i would be passing them in an hour ,could i pop in and let someone check to put my mind at rest was told NO, i would have to book it in ,so now we have to use car for 4 weeks before it is checked, NOT VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE was also told if they could not find the problem they would charge me £120, So what good is the 5 year warranty
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

bikesteve44 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:52 pm phoned my dealer and told them i would be passing them in an hour ,could i pop in and let someone check to put my mind at rest was told NO, i would have to book it in ,so now we have to use car for 4 weeks before it is checked, NOT VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE was also told if they could not find the problem they would charge me £120, So what good is the 5 year warranty
They're not 'your' dealer - they're just 'a' dealer; others exist ;)
Name and shame this useless one. Add a google review (people see those first). You owe it to all those who come after you :!:
(Have you spoken to the Service Manager - or just a jobsworth receptionist?. Are they part of a chain? ... you might find someone at a higher-level you can help).

Ignore the £120 nonsense - I'm sure they will 'find the problem', given that the problem is a large message on the dash!. Finding a solution to the problem is a different matter.

You could contact Hyundai and ask them to help. Couch it as "I need advice, as to whether it is safe to drive or not", maybe.

As for the fault itself, it sounds likely to be a sensor error - any obvious detached or loose wires in the vicinity of the inverter coolant reservoir?
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
Deleted User 616

Post by Deleted User 616 »

bikesteve44 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:52 pm my tucson (2021 hybrid) keeps getting the warning "CHECK INVERTER COOLANT LEVEL" have checked and is on max phoned my dealer and told them i would be passing them in an hour ,could i pop in and let someone check to put my mind at rest was told NO, i would have to book it in ,so now we have to use car for 4 weeks before it is checked, NOT VERY GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE was also told if they could not find the problem they would charge me £120, So what good is the 5 year warranty
There is another discussion on this subject where StevieJ was getting the same inverter message. The car was going in for a coolant flush to resolve but they never came back to the thread to say if it fixed it. So this sounds suspiciously like the coolant recall that people seem to be getting when their car is serviced. This issue was first reported in the US some time back.
PhilHornby

Post by PhilHornby »

IngerzSH wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:16 am So this sounds suspiciously like the coolant recall that people seem to be getting when their car is serviced. This issue was first reported in the US some time back.
I came across the related thread on the US forum

There was a link to a TSB: https://www.hyundai-forums.com/attachme ... df.477103/ (Certain 22MY Tucson (NX4 HEV) Hybrid vehicles from 1/20/2021 - 09/26/2021 (sic))

But is "CHECK INVERTER COOLANT LEVEL" the same issue as "REFILL INVERTER COOLANT" :?:
N Line S Hybrid (HEV).
23 plate - built Nov '22
gabby

Post by gabby »

One of the many faults I have had since August last year - in the dealership for close on 90 days since then!
Had the warning to refill inverter coolant. Contacted Hyundai Assist and AA were in touch. They had difficulty in knowing what Inverter fluid was.
Once they arrived and inspected the inverter reservoir was empty even though the vehicle had within the last 6 weeks been at the dealers for another issue. The patrol man advised that a bulletin was issued for this in August 2022.
Left car at dealership and was returned after 4 days. I asked why this was not attended to at the last breakdown and was advised that they were aware of the issue but Hyundai had not made the coolant available which I find strange.
They have refilled with blue fluid and reading some posts that some feel this should be pink?
Suffice to say not impressed with vehicle or dealership.
Al94

Post by Al94 »

Sadly the one thing that might dissuade me from buying Hyundai again is the dealer experience. My wife gets a far superior experience from Honda. Hyundai need to buck up their dealer network and maybe take a look at their own aftercare.
2022 1.6 TGDi Hybrid 230 Ultimate 5dr 2WD Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post