Further reset issues

New to the Hyundai Tucson Forums? Introduce yourself here
OzJock

Post by OzJock »

Hi All, completely agree with Richarde and Alan sh. After a winter of no resets the warm weather has brought multiple resets every week triggered in my case by only having the doors or boot open for a few mins while I load and unload tools.
There are three interior lights and the dash screen powers up - to put that in context I could leave my phone screen on with the light on for hours - just how small is the Tucson 12v battery capacity? Or is it just a capacitor?

I really doubt Hyundai will recall our cars to fit a bigger battery but it seems like it needs a software tweak (not the Sat nav updates) - of course before getting too shouty(!) I’m really enjoying the 25% or so improvement in full economy.

Would love to hear how we all feel about having the air con/trip reset ‘cured’ if it means a corresponding 15-25% increase in fuel use similar to the winter hybrid performance?

G
2022 Premium 230 HEV

alan sh

Post by alan sh »

I am used to the resets now. My bugbear is that it resets the mileage since last refueled, so I can't quickly see how I am doing on this tankful. I do keep a record, so I know each time I fill up, but it's still irritating.
Alan

I own a 2022 Ultimate Hybrid with Tech Pack - in Red (best colour).
Also have two motorcycles. Honda CB1300 and Honda CBF1000 (also red, of course).
Tucsoned

Post by Tucsoned »

Same issues for me as others have said. My dealer told me that the 12volt equivalent partition needs the car to be driven for approx 15 miles each time it is started to take account of the battery drain from each time the car is started. He informed the reset was just an indicator of a battery protection feature having been used by the car to prevent flat battery. Shutting down peripheral services.

I have recently taken to keeping internal lights to off not activating withe door .
However I still had a reset today despite most recent journeys being in excess of 20 miles .
To me this is not a battery protection feature it is a flaw indicative of poor engineering and just causes me to question what else will happen to the car .
When I informed my garage of these threads they informed me they ( garage and Hyundai)pay no attention as people like to moan .

People seem only mildly irratated but this annoys the he'll out of me I feel cheated by Hyundai supplying a faulty product
2021 Tucson Hybrid Ultimate with tech pack
jarvis

Post by jarvis »

Tucsoned wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:14 amMy dealer told me that the 12volt equivalent partition needs the car to be driven for approx 15 miles each time it is started to take account of the battery drain from each time the car is started. He informed the reset was just an indicator of a battery protection feature having been used by the car to prevent flat battery. Shutting down peripheral services.
The dealers' first statement was pulled directly from his rear end because the 12v doesn't start the engine, the high voltage traction battery does (via the HSG). The process of switching the vehicle into "ready to drive" is going to be similar to the 12v battery turning on a "relay" to allow electricity to flow from the traction battery. Ok, a bit more complicated than that but not something that will in itself, drain the 12v to the point it takes 15 miles of driving to recharge it.

The second part about battery protection seems more or less accurate. But the reset issue could be designed out of the car by using flash memory to hold the settings that are being reset. Whether that could be done with a software update or would need a physical redesign is anybody's guess.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post