Extended Car Warranty

The place to discuss everything else..
Mr.C

Post by Mr.C »

Firstly , i'm a newbie on here - I have searched the forum but could not find an answer. Hoping someone can help?
The Tucson I am picking up this Saturday was registered January 2019. Hyundai have confirmed that the car will be covered under their 5 year plan until January 2024.
I have Just enquired at my local Hyundai dealership and they stated they don't offer anything past the 5 year plan.
So do I buy an extended warranty plan from the dealership i'm purchasing the car from, or go with an on-line company like "MotorEasy"?
Has anyone on here gone past the 5 years with Hyundai and purchased one of these plans?

old man

Post by old man »

I have no personal experience of aftermarket warranties, but I have been a follower of Honest John for many years now, where the question of warranties has cropped up many times.
Whilst it would appear that HJ won't endorse any particular warranty company, they have always advised that you read the small print to make sure that what you're paying for is actually what you want.
As with any type of insurance, there are always caveats about what is covered. Many wear and tear items are not covered, so do your research diligently and pick the best you can get for what you can afford to pay.
I'm pretty sure that there is no company offering blanket cover for any eventuality. I would be wary of any aftermarket cover offered by dealers as they will normally include a commission for the dealer. You should find better value by doing your own research.
Here's a link to an HJ page that may contain info you'll find helpful.

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/search/?q= ... r+warranty
Tucson N Line S 2WD Hybrid Auto

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post